Bolt Express is a Great company

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I just wanted to give kurdos to Bolt Express. I just finished up my first 30 days up with Bolt Express and was shocked on the income we made for a non hazmat straight truck team. We did 15 loads for $22,688.79 for a $1.53 a mile average for all loaded and empty miles. Our previous carrier we was getting $1.24 for all loaded and empty miles. I know some will say that they will run you like crazy for the 1st 30 days. Well, they dont make money on trucks sitting either.

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just wanted to give kurdos to Bolt Express. I just finished up my first 30 days up with Bolt Express and was shocked on the income we made for a non hazmat straight truck team. We did 15 loads for $22,688.79 for a $1.53 a mile average for all loaded and empty miles. Our previous carrier we was getting $1.24 for all loaded and empty miles. I know some will say that they will run you like crazy for the 1st 30 days. Well, they dont make money on trucks sitting either.
Hope that run continues for you.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Is $1.53 with or without fuel surcharge included? Thanks for posting real numbers here for others to see that are considering carriers. I hope this thread blows up :D brb :popcorn2:

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good for the 2 of you hope it keeps going..God bless..been out of the crazy world of expediting for 2.5yrs happy to be home every night but there are days when I miss it..not sure why but I do:D:eek:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Discharging as in taking the good energy and high expectations he might have had previously before the other member posted/mentioned the negatives regarding the carrier :D

Reactions: jcochristoph

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmm .. Bolt Express
I knew a guy who knew a guy that o/op drove cargo van/cube van /promaster there for about 5.5 yrs.. made good money ... but peaks & valleys .. main negative ..never gave loads home to Iowa ...

another day .. another pond

Reactions: RedBird and piper1

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Expediting is the ambulance service to the freight industry. Loads are very seldom pre-planned. Carriers and their drivers are at the mercy of the call of the shipper in need. Being at the right place at the right time can make for great weeks. Coincidence of being in an area where no shipments are available for days at a time is the other end of the gamut. Expediters experience many peaks and valleys. The only way to really judge how well you do with any carrier is on the long term - 6 months to a year.

I often smile when folks feel "black-balled". No company (or at least not very many at all) would ever not give a driver a load choosing not to make money. Know that it is in the carrier's best interest to keep your wheels moving. Right with customers, drivers are the most important asset to any motor carrier.

Bolt is one of the premier Expediters. I have worked along side many great people from Bolt.

Thanks drivers for all you do. Be safe. Happy Holidays!

Reactions: Jim Tropf II

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Expediting is the ambulance service to the freight industry. Loads are very seldom pre-planned. Carriers and their drivers are at the mercy of the call of the shipper in need. Being at the right place at the right time can make for great weeks. Coincidence of being in an area where no shipments are available for days at a time is the other end of the gamut. Expediters experience many peaks and valleys. The only way to really judge how well you do with any carrier is on the long term - 6 months to a year.

I often smile when folks feel "black-balled". No company (or at least not very many at all) would ever not give a driver a load choosing not to make money. Know that it is in the carrier's best interest to keep your wheels moving. Right with customers, drivers are the most important asset to any motor carrier.

Bolt is one of the premier Expediters. I have worked along side many great people from Bolt.

Thanks drivers for all you do. Be safe. Happy Holidays!

In the company's best interest, yes. Dispatchers, on the other hand...

I don't buy the $1.53 for a Joe Shmoe o/o. For someone who has cookies and trucks to share, that sounds about right.