Phones Verizon unlimited data plan starts tomorrow

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought about it, why spend the extra $20 when I use only 5 GB. Well I've thought about streaming some music and was told that takes a good bit of data. Also remember we don't know how long they will keep this. It may stay it may cancel.
I stream all my music and podcasts. I don't even have a SiriusXM receiver in my van anymore.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I went to a Verizon corporate store this morning and changed over to the unlimited data plan. It was a painless, almost pleasant experience. My original plan was to ditch my mobile wifi Jetpack thing, which costs me $50/month for 5 gigs. With the $80/month unlimited plan I would get 10 gigs of data. While reviewing my account he found I could keep my Jetpack and for a mere extra $20/month I could get 10 gigs. So now for $100 and change I get unlimited data, text messages and 10 gigs wifi hot spot on my phone and 10 gigs data on my Jetpack compared to $117/month with only 5 gigs data and 200 text messages on my old plan.

All apparently appears to be wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. But deep down, the skeptic in me is saying somehow I got hosed.

I thought you did get hosed at first. I didn't know there was a 10gb limit on phone hotspot. I might have to bring my old jetpack type thing out of retirement if I can get a similar deal

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I thought you did get hosed at first. I didn't know there was a 10gb limit on phone hotspot. I might have to bring my old jetpack type thing out of retirement if I can get a similar deal

From what I've read it is not limited, but after 10 Gb it will be teottled to 3g. But I've been wrong once on this tread

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i stream my Pandora for maybe an hour or two....60-80 MBs of Data only....it pretty easy on data...unlike Netflix or TV stations....
I think I posted earlier Verizons unlimited and rollover doesn't come without strings attached.......

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

From what I've read it is not limited, but after 10 Gb it will be teottled to 3g. But I've been wrong once on this tread

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yup that's correct. Same thing :dash2:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I'm not the most tech savvy with tablets. In a rush I ordered one. I'm going to have to return the one I ordered after finding out about the 10G limit and finding out the tablet is WiFi only. I was planning on adding it to my account for shared data. But not possible with this one. 10G isn't going to cut it for what I was planning :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, they're are a lot of tablets that are WiFi only. That's fine for many people, but not us.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My mistake. I thought it was a 10GB limit on the phone wifi hot spot. That was one of the reasons I decided to keep the Jetpack. I will go with the Jetpack for awhile. If I don't use the extra gigs I can always cancel it.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Verizon has a 15% discount for military veterans. Just need a DD14, VA Medical Card or equivalent. Only comes off the data plan. Not the access fees.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I'm keeping my 16 GB plan for now. Unlimited would cost me about $19 more a month. Since I rarely use more than 10 I can't justify paying more for something I won't use.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got the new T-Mobile promotion today (isn't competition great?) 2 lines for $100 including taxes and fees. 28gb before depriortization, 10 Gb hotspot.

I saw in the commercial fine print that tethering is limited to 3G :eek: