How to solve the killing of Police Officers

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Capital punishment isn't done correctly. Take the male offender, provided there is incontrovertible and irrefutable DNA proof of guilt, and suspend him on a framework. Castrate him and let him bleed out. County seat of the county where he committed the murder. Signage saying if you murder a first responder this is what to expect.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, it was refuted so obviously in that specific case it wasn't irrefutable.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
anybody got an easy fix on how to stop it.....me-- maybe 2 officers to a car,,I do not know...
Two officers to a car puts the officers in close proximity for a sniper. Many of these latest police killings have been pre-planned ambushes.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trying to come up with ways to stop police killings is treating the symptom, not the cause. It's a pretty complicated issue that won't be solved on a web forum, but as long as the centurions view the public as an enemy threat, and as long as the citizens view the centurions as enemy oppressors, ambushes and the killing of unarmed people will continue, just as it has from the earliest days of humanity.

When first responders respond first with deadly force, to shoot first and ask questions later, tit-for-tat incidents are both proportional and expected. People can be policed only to the extent to which they are willing to be policed. Enlisting and obtaining the cooperation and trust of the public is paramount to effective policing. Compliance by force is the exact wrong way to enlist that cooperation and trust.

Reactions: skyraider

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Trying to come up with ways to stop police killings is treating the symptom, not the cause. It's a pretty complicated issue that won't be solved on a web forum, but as long as the centurions view the public as an enemy threat, and as long as the citizens view the centurions as enemy oppressors, ambushes and the killing of unarmed people will continue, just as it has from the earliest days of humanity.

When first responders respond first with deadly force, to shoot first and ask questions later, tit-for-tat incidents are both proportional and expected. People can be policed only to the extent to which they are willing to be policed. Enlisting and obtaining the cooperation and trust of the public is paramount to effective policing. Compliance by force is the exact wrong way to enlist that cooperation and trust.
Sorry to disagree but when people learn to leave thier hands out open not talk back to them don't argue with them don't run from them then they will find out how easy it is to deal with the police yes there are a few _____ holes there but report them rember top brass hates to work and do reports

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Sorry to disagree but when people learn to leave thier hands out open not talk back to them don't argue with them don't run from them then they will find out how easy it is to deal with the police yes there are a few _____ holes there but report them rember top brass hates to work and do reports
Yes, we very much disagree, as I don't believe the penalty for keeping your hands out of sight, exercising freedom of speech, and running away should be extrajudicial death.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
True but would you want to be the one making the decision does this person have a gun
Why is he or she moving towards thier car when I asked then to stop and turn around
Back in my drinking days the cops usta say I was the most polite drunk they seen I'd say I didn't get the _____ kicked out of me did I and we would laugh

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Best way initially is that all arrests are recorded. Body cams are the way to go yet several police departments fight this. Should be a no brainer. If they don't want people watching, why don't they want people watching? On the other side, stiff sentences for any crime commited with a firearm. Not a total cure all but it will get us there much faster.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Given the sometimes instantaneous nature of the job I'll accept they have no time to analyze and barely time to respond. It isn't difficult to avoid problems with law enforcement. It's all about attitude and actions.

Attachments

• Which one.jpg
    Which one.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 14

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
True but would you want to be the one making the decision does this person have a gun
No, I wouldn't. That's why I'm not a cop.
Why is he or she moving towards thier car when I asked then to stop and turn around
There are at least 18 answers to that question, only one of which is "he's going for a gun," and even that one doesn't justify instant death as a penalty.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
So outher wards a police officer should n
Ot shoot unless shot at ant that pretty much why we lost in Vietnam and in this war on terror

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So outher wards a police officer should n
Ot shoot unless shot at ant that pretty much why we lost in Vietnam and in this war on terror
No, not unless shot at. But waiting to shoot only after a real, credible threat presents itself, instead of a imaginary or perceived potential threat, is a good start. It would prevent people in the toy department at Walmart from getting shot because they were holding a BB gun. It would prevent a retard from getting shot from 20 feet away because he was standing there fiddling with a screwdriver. Otherwise, what's good for the goose is good for the gander -- every citizen should be able to just shoot a cop on sight, because we already know every cop is armed, regardless of where his hands are, and we should rightly be afraid for our lives.