September, the kick off to the best quarter of the year.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
A note from our Director of Safety and Compliance:

The 2016/2017 school year is here…are you ready?

Our young people are going back to school - with that brings a lot of challenges when it comes to traveling our roads. Not only during the week, but also Friday nights and the weekend with football starting. School buses, parents running late, young inexperienced drivers, bicycles, kids walking…etc. Is all part of this challenge we will face. If you live near a College orUniversity you have an even bigger challenge with these students being in a big hurry and not paying attention.

Please make sure you’re aware of your surroundings. This means a 360 degree view of what’s going on around you at all times. Keep your eyes moving looking far enough down the road for hazards. When I use the term “hazard” this includes; kids standing at the curb waiting for the bus, pedestrians, bicycles, school zones, traffic…etc. The use of hands-free devices while driving and talking on your cell phone helps to keep you focused on the road - NO texting and driving! It can wait - it only takes a split second to change your life forever - or the life of an innocent person in the wrong place at the wrong time forever!

School Bus Lights Are Flashing – MCL 257.682

School buses may stop frequently in your travel area. It is important to know when to stop and when to proceed with caution. Michigan Law requires when:
• Overhead red lights are flashing and bus is moving, prepare to stop.
• Overhead red lights are flashing and bus is stopped, stop no closer than 20 feet from the bus.
• Red lights are turned off; proceed when it is safe to do so.
• Overhead yellow lights are flashing, prepare to stop.
• Yellow hazard warning lights are flashing on moving or stopped bus, proceed with caution but be ready to stop if the lights turn to flashing red.

It is not necessary to stop for a school bus that has stopped on the other side of a divided highway where the road is separated by a barrier such as a concrete or grass median, island or other structure that separates the flow of traffic.

On five (5) lane roads where there is just a left turn lane, vehicles are required to stop on both sides of the road. This is not considered a divided highway or road.

Gary Dietsch

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
August is in the books and it was our best month this year. Possibly the best in two years. On my way home to the storm. Looks like it will pass directly over us. I hate being in the cone.
But on the good side, it's Tiffany time

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

GLAD TO HEAR THAT! Now stay safe from this weather!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning gang. Another day and another airplane. This one is heading out west for my uncles 50th birthday party with the family. Hope everyone is staying safe especially those dealing with weather at home. We tried to reposition all of our units out of the storm path. Been a busy couple weeks with hopefully a very busy quarter to come.

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
e645ab548ffab12de18b01b26e2f2067.jpg

This months update in our best in the industry driver rewards program!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good morning Load One! Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend also as I did. Now that the holiday/weekend is over its time to get back to work and start making some cheddar! LOL. Got a great load today to start off the week. Heading north.

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Good morning Load One! Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend also as I did. Now that the holiday/weekend is over its time to get back to work and start making some cheddar! LOL. Got a great load today to start off the week. Heading north.
I like cheddar!
:JC_ThankYou:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Just got done with my drop. Here comes the jokes. John the shower head won't stay up in the shower, it keeps falling down, lol. And people PLEASE STOP TAKING THE TOWEL'S! No towels upstairs. Y'all have a good night.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Shower head has been repaired. Think towel shortage was a combination of the long weekend and some more walking away.....

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Thanks John! Always appreciate it. Finally got my load off. It took 5hrs to get the broker to sent the paperwork just so I could get loaded, smh. Lol. All it took was to tell them they close at 5pm and man they were on it.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Just got done with my drop. Here comes the jokes. John the shower head won't stay up in the shower, it keeps falling down, lol. And people PLEASE STOP TAKING THE TOWEL'S! No towels upstairs. Y'all have a good night.
Nothing worse than a limp shower head with obvious erectile dysfunction. ....lmao..

You knew this was coming....lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: jelliott

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thanks John! Always appreciate it. Finally got my load off. It took 5hrs to get the broker to sent the paperwork just so I could get loaded, smh. Lol. All it took was to tell them they close at 5pm and man they were on it.

Ugggghhhhh. Well shower is fixed at least LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: DollarSign