March 2016, where are you going ??

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Well they did it again.. Took it upon themselves to to place me out of service and unavailable. 10 hour break was up hours ago but still need 1 more hour to get my 10 hour reset.. What kinda clock are they using? Guess that looks like the weekend is here and heading home again.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well they did it again.. Took it upon themselves to to place me out of service and unavailable. 10 hour break was up hours ago but still need 1 more hour to get my 10 hour reset.. What kinda clock are they using? Guess that looks like the weekend is here and heading home again.
Nothing but bad offers today, mutable days to run shorty miles.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lost a MN to VA weekend run; found out from a friend in the office that the load went for .63 gross. Gross. In other words, about .54 to the truck. What kind of bullsh*t is that?

Even worse, there's word of a guy that couldn't get out of Laredo for a quarter per. Excuse me? For that kind of money I'd be better off selling the van and taking the bus home :mad:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lost a MN to VA weekend run; found out from a friend in the office that the load went for .63 gross. Gross. In other words, about .54 to the truck. What kind of bullsh*t is that?

Even worse, there's word of a guy that couldn't get out of Laredo for a quarter per. Excuse me? For that kind of money I'd be better off selling the van and taking the bus home :mad:
That's why I won't go back to TX until the rates go back up.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
overcrowded_bus.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I don't know where or why these stories come up from....but I have heard same.....I got out for .65 and without giving away anything I was the cheapest yet this month...all other O/O's for CRE have exceeded .70...with a high of just over .90.....so someone must have dispatchers/load bidders that can't bargain worth beans..of course IMO

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know where or why these stories come up from....but I have heard same.....I got out for .65 and without giving away anything I was the cheapest yet this month...all other O/O's for CRE have exceeded .70...with a high of just over .90.....so someone must have dispatchers/load bidders that can't bargain worth beans..of course IMO
furthermore....look at your office staff....many have such young and inexperienced people bidding these loads trying to bargain with very experienced brokers and logistic staff and getting thier respective butts kicked.......you are only as good as the person negotiating on your behalf....

Reactions: hazmat

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Could it be nothing more than just a made up story?
could have been no more then truck stop BS.....But I have sat next to people offered like .48....and He refused it in this case...Just because they offer it, doesn't mean you have to accept it....

tknight

Veteran Expediter
.54 to the truck 60% to the owner 40% to the driver ...... No way I'd figure out how to cheat welfare first! That's crazy stupid!!!!!!

I wouldn't pee in a truck stop for .22 cents a mile , glad I own my truck and its a st8 but the way it's going I'm not gonna be doing this much longer till November.

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
could have been no more then truck stop BS.....But I have sat next to people offered like .48....and He refused it in this case...Just because they offer it, doesn't mean you have to accept it....
Do ya think these tl and ltl companies ie: Schneider, hunt and others like them, having stickers plastered all over their back doors proclaiming "join us .... We pay .48 per mile...has anything to do with these stories?

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
.54 to the truck 60% to the owner 40% to the driver ...... No way I'd figure out how to cheat welfare first! That's crazy stupid!!!!!!

I wouldn't pee in a truck stop for .22 cents a mile , glad I own my truck and its a st8 but the way it's going I'm not gonna be doing this much longer till November.

Thankfully I am the owner, so it would've been my whole 54¢. Still, when does the bloodletting stop?