February 2016 locations

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Everyone gets a cut of the cut, of the cut of the original cut, and then the factoring company, uncle Sam, and everyone else gets a cut of that cut!
lately been watching the Soprano's from the beginning....the mob same action.....everyone gets a cut of the action....the people actually earning it get little.....sound familiar?....:p

Reactions: fastman_1

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
we are just an extension of trucking...why not....
TST expedite....owned by Transforce owned by the Saputto (cheese guy too) crime family
CTX aka Central Transport aka Manny with connection to the Saputto family....
CTX AKA universal... Which is about the 5th time he's changed the name

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
CTX AKA universal... Which is about the 5th time he's changed the name
Transforce has about at least 100 different names they use....every little company they buy the name remains the same....the only identifier is that red slash on the trailer and small print " a Transforce Company" a forensics auditors nightmare....

Reactions: fastman_1

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We need to send out the bookies to collect our stolen profits from the brokers!
the broker network is so deep now....from a shipper to logistic company, that brokers it to a broker that sells it to a carrier that turns around and resells it again?.....the rates aren't any lower...the number of fingers in the pie has increased...and no one is watching the hen house for them supposedly double brokered loads...they are doing whatever they want

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the other month I was doing a load and the broker of record called for a location check...name they gave was different then the one I had....I said you are not so and so?...they responded "oh when they get busy they subcontract out the overflow loads to us?" well crap and there wasn't another nickle in it for me?....

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got home last night after dropping at the yard. Now waiting on the call. Already had 2 calls for short loads that were not to my liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: OntarioVanMan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
An interesting note.
In 1896 there were only four cars registered in all the United States. Two of them collided with each other in St. Louis.

car.jpg

Another source list telegraphing while driving as the cause during Marconi's wireless telegraph test :p

Ok, the last part was a joke. But I found it interesting that it was around the same time of Marconi's wireless test.

In the early summer of 1895, Marconi achieved a (wireless) signal transmission and reception over a distance of about 2km. Success was indicated initially by the waving of a handkerchief and progressed to the need to fire a gun.

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 27

TDave

Expert Expediter
both my crystal ball and Oijia board predict that with the impending approach to spring, freight volumes are trending up.....this of course all depends if the same shippers and the same machines all break down the same time of the year as they have in the past.....:p :pokepoke:

I like your thinking young man :)

Reactions: OntarioVanMan