conway sale

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
All of the acquired operations - Con-way Freight, Menlo Logistics, Con-way Truckload and Con-way Multimodal - will be rebranded as XPO Logistics.

Yup they got Menlo. A lot of expedite freight comes from Menlo. There are 5 main load boards/transportation management companies that handle expedited freight. NLM, Active On Demand, Menlo Worldwide Logistics, Ryder Integrated Logistics, and Expeditors International. XPO now owns two of them! That is pretty huge! Man how things are starting to change.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/xpo-logistics-to-acquire-conway-20150909-01409#ixzz3lMjBpSZ7
That is the bigger piece of it for the expedite industry imo.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I still have hats, coats and shirts from express -1. If your name is Ed the coats are yours.
just don't call me late for dinner!! The winter coat is great! especially in SD winters...the quality is top shelf....right up there by the Load 1 clothing line....top notch!

Reactions: jelliott

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
a450fa63-22f2-4288-95f9-a83c3e549a4e_zpsmeu8tbi6.jpg

A friend of mine drove this from Minneapolis to Fargo last night as part of the XPO World Tour or something like that. Looks like they might be serious about keeping the LTL portion of Con-Way.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think if they get rid of any part possibly Conway Truckload (the old CFI).

I see Express-1 trucks rebranded to XPO Express and now months later being re-logo'd again to XPO Logistics.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
We are all now under the XPO Logistics umbrella, altho our door signs show dba XPO Express

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think if they get rid of any part possibly Conway Truckload (the old CFI).
Yeah, Con-Way Truckload should be an easy sell. Lots of larger TL carriers looking to expand with drivers and equipment. I can't see another LTL buying Con-Way Freight. Too much duplication. Maybe some type of investment group.

From what I've read about the buyout, Jacobs wanted Menlo but it was an all or nothing deal. For a non-asset kind of guy he got stuck with a bunch of employees, rolling stock and terminals. He also got Road Systems and some other stuff, including my pension. Sounds a bit messy for him but hey, he used to be in the rubbish business.

I see Express-1 trucks rebranded to XPO Express and now months later being re-logo'd again to XPO Logistics.
What's several millions of dollars in paint and decals to a guy like Jacobs?