Welcome OVM!!!

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
True story. Bill is #1. :)

Actually #1002. Sally is number 1 and always will be.

And we are much more then numbers with CR. They know each one of us and treat us accordingly. Different drivers have different needs. And they totally understand that and they work with each driver as an individual with their own personal needs. For example, I like going home every other weekend. They try their absolute best to accommodate that request. Or home more if I'm within a few hours of home late in the week. They ask, your close to home, do you want some home time or stay out? Small carriers have some definite advantages. Plus the bonus is I'm making more money then I ever did with my old carrier.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Actually #1002. Sally is number 1 and always will be.

And we are much more then numbers with CR. They know each one of us and treat us accordingly. Different drivers have different needs. And they totally understand that and they work with each driver as an individual with their own personal needs. For example, I like going home every other weekend. They try their absolute best to accommodate that request. Or home more if I'm within a few hours of home late in the week. They ask, your close to home, do you want some home time or stay out? Small carriers have some definite advantages. Plus the bonus is I'm making more money then I ever did with my old carrier.

And THAT, my friend, is why I'm betting we probably won't have to spend a dollar on recruiting advertising. We plan to stay small. With multiple small fleets, each with their own dispatcher that will have the ability to make decisions as they please on margin to get a truck moving. Just like we do. 15%, 20%, 5%, 0% margin. Yes, on occasion, 0%. Whatever it takes based on the need right then. Rates are rough right now. We all know that.

Everyone be safe and make the best of what you're doing and who you're doing it for.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One or two more and you'll have your own carrier subforum before you know it.

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Good luck with your new company Ken. Sometimes change is hard and stressful, but I'm sure you can handle it.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Congrats Ken and best of luck! In my opinion, you have partnered with one of the great team:)

Actively following the EO forum over the last few years, we watched how CRE grew from a single van into the fleet operation. Sally and Murray have accomplished the goal in such a short time. Totally fantastic!

CRE certainly is the rising star and it appears that many drivers want to be partnered with.

I met a nice fella recently at PJ in Fort Worth, we chat and shared ramen noodles. He said he's getting tired of teaming in a cargo van.

Said he's tired of his teammate refused to take the showers, does not like to stop for the restroom breaks and always passing gas. He's getting his equipment ready and plans to join up as soon as CRE open up the air cargo division. I thought I'd share his pic, lol.

Great Job Team CRE!

http://flickr.com/photos/carlsoje/2986863514/sizes/o/

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good luck with your new company Ken. Sometimes change is hard and stressful, but I'm sure you can handle it.

Thanks Dave.....John and Load 1 is a great organization....:) But my needs have changed and Load 1 just can not give me what I wanted.......control over my business....big carriers can get overwhelming with protocols....I wanted to have control on my rate in a ratio to my CPM...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Congrats. So are you still gonna split hot dogs? Oh, and which way did that dime go this time? ;)

the dime is neutral this time.....LOL I still split dogs yep.....but for a different reason...that Ball Park dog alone is almost 200 calories and the bun is about 120.....thats is 320 calories for a dog....

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
the dime is neutral this time.....LOL I still split dogs yep.....but for a different reason...that Ball Park dog alone is almost 200 calories and the bun is about 120.....thats is 320 calories for a dog....

If you're counting that low, perhaps a celery stick or carrot might be better! What's up doc? O)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you're counting that low, perhaps a celery stick or carrot might be better! What's up doc? O)
Celery is actually on the menu everywhere I go...I bring out about a dozen bottles of JuJu
s salsa and dip the celery......114 lbs gone buddy!!!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thanks Dave.....John and Load 1 is a great organization....:) But my needs have changed and Load 1 just can not give me what I wanted.......control over my business....big carriers can get overwhelming with protocols....I wanted to have control on my rate in a ratio to my CPM...

I understand as we are going on our own now. Panther has been great for us. We just want to do our own thing now.