it's october where are you at!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I just screwed myself....took that little load way too early and blew the whole day maybe the whole weekend....I should have known better....my fault....cancelled 4 1/2 Hrs before pick up....no pay of any kind.....that's called "logistics".....next load please.....:)

Truck ordered not used. That should carry a fee. Nothing in life is free; neither should the driver's time be.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Truck ordered not used. That should carry a fee. Nothing in life is free; neither should the driver's time be.

Shouldn't be agreed....but every business venture carries risks...I had every option to turn it down...these shippers are getting very nit picky....and looking for an excuse not to pay or get a reduction in fee...seeing it more and more...

You retired at the right time....Hawk....it is very frustrating out here....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Shouldn't be agreed....but every business venture carries risks...I had every option to turn it down...these shippers are getting very nit picky....and looking for an excuse not to pay or get a reduction in fee...seeing it more and more...

You retired at the right time....Hawk....it is very frustrating out here....

I've seen it too often, and with brokers as well as shippers... hire a truck, then hunt for a cheaper truck. Sorry bub, you hired, you pay. Maybe if we'd quit doing biz with these shippers/brokers, they'd straighten up. But since we need that load, and kiss their azz, it only emboldens them, and others, to keep doing the same thing without penalty.

Cancelling runs should automatically equal a dry run. And dry runs should be expensive. It would make people THINK before they hire something as big and expensive as a truck and the person/people operating it.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've seen it too often, and with brokers as well as shippers... hire a truck, then hunt for a cheaper truck. Sorry bub, you hired, you pay. Maybe if we'd quit doing biz with these shippers/brokers, they'd straighten up. But since we need that load, and kiss their azz, it only emboldens them, and others, to keep doing the same thing without penalty.

Cancelling runs should automatically equal a dry run. And dry runs should be expensive. It would make people THINK before they hire something as big and expensive as a truck and the person/people operating it.

I 100% side with you.....:)

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Meanwhile in Indiana ....
a4efd0cd732578d7e49dcfc0d8d8e707.jpg

Sent from my flying circus