Asian carp saga continues

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For all the fisherman out there I hope they get exterminated. Why were they brought here in the first place?

I think you kinda are missing the point. It is not ONLY the "fishermen" who will be hurt. They have the potential of wiping out EVERY native species, including plants, fish and animals that depend on the water in the Great Lakes.

The Asian carp were brought as a management tool for aqua farms and sewage plants. Article below.

Asian Carp

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I think you kinda are missing the point. It is not ONLY the "fishermen" who will be hurt. They have the potential of wiping out EVERY native species, including plants, fish and animals that depend on the water in the Great Lakes.

The Asian carp were brought as a management tool for aqua farms and sewage plants. Article below.

Asian Carp

Oh, yeah that point did honesty escape me. Isn't there something to help from a local level?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Isn't there something to help from a local level?
As long as the assinine artificial Great Lakes/Mississippi river connection remains, there is nothing a state can do.

This connection MUST be removed before it's too late<if it's not already>.:mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As long as the assinine artificial Great Lakes/Mississippi river connection remains, there is nothing a state can do.

This connection MUST be removed before it's too late<if it's not already>.:mad:

Those locks in Chicago will not be closed. Certain people in Chicago are having their profits protected by the administration.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I'm not a fan of that in the least. Like when Kentucky protected coal companies that were strip mining mountain after mountain

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I won't lay the blame all on Obama. This has been an issue even in the doubya days.

Yes, BUT, Obama is the one who CLAIMS to be the big friend of the environment. Bush has been out of office for a LONG time and Obama has had the opportunity to solve this. His administration could do that now, in a matter of minutes, so yes, now it is 100% his fault. IF it continues into ANOTHER administration, the blame will fall on them. One stroke of a pen and those locks could be closed.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, BUT, Obama is the one who CLAIMS to be the big friend of the environment. Bush has been out of office for a LONG time and Obama has had the opportunity to solve this. His administration could do that now, in a matter of minutes, so yes, now it is 100% his fault. IF it continues into ANOTHER administration, the blame will fall on them. One stroke of a pen and those locks could be closed.

Got ya.......

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Got ya.......

Those locks are under the control of the Corps of Engineers. All locks are. This is not a "got ya" moment. Close the locks, stop the movement, then the time can be taken to end the carp.

This administration, as was the last, is ignoring what the people of several states and provinces are saying, as per normal. That includes the people of Michigan AND Illinois. This is a case of the federal government going against the People, as per normal.

This "got ya" stuff is EXACTLY why nothing ever gets done in this country.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those locks are under the control of the Corps of Engineers. All locks are. This is not a "got ya" moment. Close the locks, stop the movement, then the time can be taken to end the carp.

This administration, as was the last, is ignoring what the people of several states and provinces are saying, as per normal. That includes the people of Michigan AND Illinois. This is a case of the federal government going against the People, as per normal.

This "got ya" stuff is EXACTLY why nothing ever gets done in this country.

You mis-understood. I meant, I understand.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yet another "study" has been done.

Got to admire the incompetence at play here.

Study: Physical, electric barriers best defenses against Asian carp | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

It is NOT incompetence, it is deliberate. Obama is protecting the financial interests of his wealthy Chicago business friends. Obama does not give a rats patute about the environment, only profit. Obama is just ANOTHER political hack. Besides, the people who would be hurt are hard working, law abiding citizens, they are of no interest to the criminals that run this country.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is NOT incompetence, it is deliberate. Obama is protecting the financial interests of his wealthy Chicago business friends. Obama does not give a rats patute about the environment, only profit. Obama is just ANOTHER political hack. Besides, the people who would be hurt are hard working, law abiding citizens, they are of no interest to the criminals that run this country.
What I don't understand, Where are the people of all the other states that border the Great Lakes?

Why do we never here from them? Don't they realize this is a disaster in the making for them also?

Also the Canadians? Why are they not screaming and hollering?

I just don't understand!
post-2806-0-36329400-1342363236.gif

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
What I don't understand, Where are the people of all the other states that border the Great Lakes?

Why do we never here from them? Don't they realize this is a disaster in the making for them also?

Also the Canadians? Why are they not screaming and hollering?

I just don't understand!
post-2806-0-36329400-1342363236.gif

In just about every calamity this administration/government/big business has been in, amounts to one thing...

Media: "Shhh."

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

They are out of control. THis is a farce. It is 100% about keeping up profits for a FEW IL/Chicago businessmen who donate money to the Democrats, nothing more. They have absolutely NO intention of even trying to keep these fish out of the Great Lakes. The don't give a flip about what happens to the States that will lose BILLIONS in revenue or the people that will lose their lively hoods.