What brand of coffee tastes most like McDonalds?

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I'm an addict and McDonalds has ruined me. When it's fresh and in the morning it almost always is, I think their coffee is among the best I've ever had. So now when I brew a cup of Krogers brand coffee my taste buds complain that it tastes like sh*t.

Is there a brand I can buy that tastes anything like McDonald's coffee?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I wouldn't know, as I only drink Tim Hortons coffee and that blows Mc Donalds coffee out of the water.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used 8 oclock columbian or the french roast if you like it a little stronger.. for the record I like the mcdonalds proprietary blend way better than tim hortons or dunkin donuts...

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I'm an addict and McDonalds has ruined me. When it's fresh and in the morning it almost always is, I think their coffee is among the best I've ever had. So now when I brew a cup of Krogers brand coffee my taste buds complain that it tastes like sh*t.

Is there a brand I can buy that tastes anything like McDonald's coffee?
Try Chock Full o Nut's Chock full o'Nuts - Home

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
What I love about people picking one brand over another is most of the time they add so much sweeter and creamer they really have no ideal what real coffee tastes like.

sent from my Samsung S3

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I don't know how it compares to McDonalds, but Dunkin' Donuts coffee is among the best. Since I'm not near any Tim Hortons any more--best coffee ever--it's the best I can find.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What I love about people picking one brand over another is most of the time they add so much sweeter and creamer they really have no ideal what real coffee tastes like.

sent from my Samsung S3

Maybe I should have specified that Community and Tim Horton's make my cream & sugar taste best, lol. Maxwell House makes them taste like sludge. From a sewer. In Pakistan, I think.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Let the coffee wars begin!!!!!!!!!! lol

8 o'clock and chock-full-of-nuts will both be getting a tryout. I've been contemplating both of them (along with Yuban for some strange reason).

Dunkin' Donuts and Tim Hortons: I had a cup of DD that knocked my socks off about a month ago. It was incredibly good coffee. So I was on a DD coffee kick for awhile. But cup after cup was too acidic and really turned me off. With Tim Hortons, I seem to have the same problem, when the planets align perfectly, their coffee is some of the best I've ever had, but the planets almost never align perfectly.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Micky D's, Dunkins or Tim Hortons is all good to me. Really wouldn't walk across the street for the difference. Just give it to me hot & black.

sent from my Samsung S3

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Side note here...stopped at a Pilot and one of their brewed offerings was an "energy" brew. Wow!!!! It was loaded with energy. It got me through a long drive.

Monty

Expert Expediter
If you like McD's coffee, try the "Pilot House" blend at Pilot/FlyingJ .... I find McD's, (over the long haul) gives me stomach pains. Acid I guess. Pilot House never did.

That said, I also like McD's coffee ..... but most of my "oreder out" coffee is now served in a ceramic cup from Waffle House.

1112081751.jpg

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
If you like McD's coffee, try the "Pilot House" blend at Pilot/FlyingJ .... I find McD's, (over the long haul) gives me stomach pains. Acid I guess. Pilot House never did.

That said, I also like McD's coffee ..... but most of my "oreder out" coffee is now served in a ceramic cup from Waffle House.

View attachment 7580

At pilot, I get the milder blend. I like it too, as long as its not old.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Since getting my wife a Keurig for the truck she now only drinks Dunkin Donuts or if not available Donut Shop.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
I like dark roast Community best and brew it in a pour over method which consist of a Malita filter holder that fits on top of my cup a #2 filter fits into the holder and about 3 tbl. spoons of fine grind coffee grounds....I'm spoiled now days and can only substitute this method with an occasional Mc D's if it's fresh!