What brand of coffee tastes most like McDonalds?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
To be an accurate competition wouldn't there have to be 3 or 4 on the left and one on the right to make the money spent more equal?

01f3bb5b43a806910b62bbb017d1f930.jpg

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I like dark roast Community best and brew it in a pour over method which consist of a Malita filter holder that fits on top of my cup a #2 filter fits into the holder and about 3 tbl. spoons of fine grind coffee grounds....I'm spoiled now days and can only substitute this method with an occasional Mc D's if it's fresh!

Brewing that way is pretty good. Experts say a French Press brews the best cup.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I've always loved Dunkin Donuts but lately they seem to have changed the bean. Somewhat bitter, but still like it.

I always sweeten coffee and tea with brown sugar. A little healthier doesn't take as much.

When I make iced tea I brew for a gallon, then ad 3 heaping table spoons full of brown sugar. Doesn't taste overly sweet and removes the bitterness tea has sometimes. It's also better for you, and doesn't require as much.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing compares to a Starbucks!
Second comes Tim Horton
Third DD.
Mickey D only if I have no other options.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Side note here...stopped at a Pilot and one of their brewed offerings was an "energy" brew. Wow!!!! It was loaded with energy. It got me through a long drive.

Indeed, it has a full load of energy... good not just for the road, but for other "things" also ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Now that I have thought about it. I'm surprised McDs hasn't jumped into the retail coffee market.

sent from my Samsung S3

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never acquired a taste for coffee or tea. There has been some cold winter mornings getting ready to head for the tree stand I wish I had.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Good tip Runrunner. Chock full of nuts was on sale at Krogers so I tried a can and I like it. It's not quite MickeyDs but it's pretty darned good for home brewed.

I had a $10 off Kohls coupon and I was stuck for what to buy so I picked up a nice little single cup coffee brewer there by "Bella". I had to try it because it claims it only draws 500 watts. I checked it with kill-a-watt and it's close - around 510. I happened to have a 600 watt inverter laying around and it plays nice with the Bella (it didn't like the supposedly 600 watt Cuisinart single cup I tried it with one little bit). So my quest for good coffee in the truck is moving along nicely.

HighwayRover

Seasoned Expediter
To be clear, I too love coffee. It is my single reason for getting out of bed. I would have to agree that McDonald's has the best (or at least consistently the best) coffee on the road however Drunkin Donuts is just as good if not sometimes better.

At home you need to start with filtered water and then join Sam Sclub in order to buy "Jamaican Me Crazy" coffee. You'll never drink anything else at home.

Thank you for asking.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
To be clear, I too love coffee. It is my single reason for getting out of bed. I would have to agree that McDonald's has the best (or at least consistently the best) coffee on the road however Drunkin Donuts is just as good if not sometimes better.

At home you need to start with filtered water and then join Sam Sclub in order to buy "Jamaican Me Crazy" coffee. You'll never drink anything else at home.

Thank you for asking.

"Jamaican Me Crazy" coffee - lol This I gotta try. Is Sam's Club the only place you can buy it. Btw, another coffee that's on my must-try list is "Major Dickersons" by Peets. I've got a gut feeling about that one. (my gut feelings never pan out but that just means I'm due :))

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I did use bottlewater as much as possible to make cowboy coffee in the van. In the restaurants or truckstops your probably not getting filtered water, so you are at the mercy of the water treatment plant and tons of chlorine taste. I boiled my filtered water, then poured it over fresh coffee grounds in the pot and let all that sit for 5 minutes, then filtered out the grounds and got fresh no chlorinated taste or chemicals . You never know how clean those hoses or pipes are in a restaurant machine, just saying. The taste changes when you do your coffee this way and it is better tasting...

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Here's my prefences:

1. Tim Hortons
2. Dunkin' Donuts
3. Pilot
4. Starbucks AKA Fourbucks

HighwayRover

Seasoned Expediter
The other night I was enjoying my McDonald's coffee when I realized that I had detected a hint of cinnamon in the after taste. Knowing it's a medium roast arabica coffee, with a hint of cinnamon, a home substitute might be found at a coffee shop.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Found this, worlds largest cup of coffee in Tennessee. Its 9ft 6in tall.

1384555960603.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My taste buds say Folgers Classic Roast is closest to McD`s. Filtered water and a Percolator round out the equation.