Why would you want to live here?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
5 Dead in Oklahoma Twister Outbreak

Mother and her child among at least five dead in tornado outbreak that hit west of Oklahoma City during evening rush hour, causing flash flooding, trapping motorists and injuring about 50 people, five critically, authorities say.

State of Emergency Issued in Missouri After Severe Weather | PHOTOS: Tornadoes Sweep Through Oklahoma

VIDEOS: Death Toll at 5 | Motorists Trapped in Cars | Damage Seen in Metro Areas

VIDEOS: Okla. Braces for Severe Weather | 'We're Being Chased by It' | Report of Home Slamming Car

VIDEOS: Multiple, Violent Tornadoes Touch Down | Official: 'Please Stay Off the Roads'

FOX NEWS EXTREME WEATHER CENTER | UREPORT: Share Your Oklahoma Tornado Pictures

Would you move your family to Oklahoma City if you knew you would loose your home every 5 or 10 years? Logic would say, no, but many live in the "Perfect Storm" areas. I guess tragedy is a drawing card for Oklahoma folks. But again, logic would tell me it is time to move out of there, well that's my opinion.

Many of us loose our homes in the states that flood every year, on the coast many of the homes slide into the sea,,,,,is it a " I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed" thing with folks ....

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Sliding into the sea is a risk of living by the sea. There's an upside to the risk.

Okie city on the other hand causes one to ask.....WHY ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sliding into the sea is a risk of living by the sea. There's an upside to the risk.

NO east coast OR west coast garbage to put up with. I guess they like it there. No different than living on a active fault line.

Monty

Expert Expediter
All 3 of my kids, and grand kids, live here. I'm down on Lake Texoma for 3 weeks .. thankfully the devastation, (thankfully for me and mine that is), is centered farther north. I t has indeed been a rough 2 weeks down here, but it seems the threat is over for now, the cold front pushed on east.

Millions of us live on a fault line, or close to it. New Madrid is indeed an active fault, and WILL let loose soon, according to geological records. And those of us living mostly southwest of Yellowstone are at peril also.

The earth is truly dynamic, adapt and adjust, or perish.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All 3 of my kids, and grand kids, live here. I'm down on Lake Texoma for 3 weeks .. thankfully the devastation, (thankfully for me and mine that is), is centered farther north. I t has indeed been a rough 2 weeks down here, but it seems the threat is over for now, the cold front pushed on east.

Millions of us live on a fault line, or close to it. New Madrid is indeed an active fault, and WILL let loose soon, according to geological records. And those of us living mostly southwest of Yellowstone are at peril also.

The earth is truly dynamic, adapt and adjust, or perish.

There are few places where there are no worries, in fact, there are none. Some areas have fewer issues but all have some.

That is why we live were we do. No active fault lines, no hurricanes. Few blizzards, no floods. Not TOO hot very often and seldom too cold. We do get tornadoes, mainly small ones. Too bad it's near Detroit and Toledo. All of our problems are people caused.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are few places where there are no worries, in fact, there are none. Some areas have fewer issues but all have some.

That is why we live were we do. No active fault lines, no hurricanes. Few blizzards, no floods. Not TOO hot very often and seldom too cold. We do get tornadoes, mainly small ones. Too bad it's near Detroit and Toledo. All of our problems are people caused.

You have the danger of Michigan roads.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Of course, it's way too hot there in the summer, but spring comes early.
But the main reason is the people are pretty normal. Normal stops about Detroit. Couldn't imagine living there or anywhere east of there because of the people. People in Oklahoma are normal, and traditional, biblical morality is relatively common.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My guess is it's the same reason most of us want to live where we do: because it's where our loved ones are, and it's home.