North Carolina voters reject same-sex marriage.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
That is absolutely right, but at this time there is no Federal Law Marriage Law to override the State Law...Bush tried to pass a Fed Marriage defing marriage between a man an woman, but it never made it...and we wont see one at least in my life time...

Unfortunately there doesn't have to be one for this to happen. Look at Roe vs. Wade. That wasn't a matter of federal and state laws butting heads. But after the ruling, laws against prenatal infantacide fell nationwide.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
OVM, Lisa, and several others make the mistake of equating homosexuality with race and civil rights. This is absolutely incorrect. Race or color is a mere benign variation with which you are born; homosexuality is what one does. Whether or not one acquires the urge to commit those offenses or through a birth defect is born with them doesn't change the fact that one doesn't have to do them.

Psychopaths are mis-wired somehow to have murderous urges, and psychiatrists agree they have no idea how to fix them. But we still hold them responsible for their atrocities when they act on their impulses. Same with pedophiles; they're miswired somehow. But like psychopaths and homosexuals, we expect them to not act on their urges. In the last 40 years or so, society has evolved to the point that most people will at least let sodomites commit their offenses against each other as long as they do so in private. Do we really need to take it farther?

OVM has a point when he says it looks like those of us with a couple of morals laying around will die off and things will change. Barring a spiritual revival, it certainly looks that way. But is that merely a symptom of societal decay or more actual decay? Are things better now that we have such a gay society? If it weren't for sodomites and their promiscuous, unnatural, and unsanitary sex practices, AIDS would be very, very rare. It may well have died out completely, at least in the West. If it existed at all, it would likely be confined to Africa, where it's spread more by heterosexual sex than in the West.

So if OVM is correct, what's next? This song comes true:

I heard the reverend say
Gay is probably normal in the good Lord's sight
Whats to be debated?
Jesus never stated what's right

I'm no theology nut
But the reverend may be a little confused
If the Lord don't care who He chooses to ignore-a
Tell it to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah

What ever happened to sin?

When the closets are empty and the clinics are full
And your eyes have been blinded by society's wool
When the streets erupt in your own backyard
You'll be on your knees praying for the National Guard

If you don't care now how the problems get solved
You can shake your head later that you never got involved
Cuz the call came ringing from the throne of gold
But you never got the message cuz your mind's on hold

And we'll all, as the Chinese proverb says, live in interesting times.

LOOK... This is the reason my nephew tried to kill himself twice!! Because he has parents like AMONGER who are so stuck on what that dam bible says instead of letting COMMON SENSE prevail....because he came out to his BIBLE THUMPING parents who in wich told him to change who he is....(like that's possible) ..or go away... How nice his parents told took a book of fables over there own flesh and blood...so in the inturn of being crushed and disowned by his OWN parents he tried to commit sucide 2 x ..thankful he was unsuccessful...
How can you expect someone to.change who they are to meet your belifes that's crazy..your own son???

Love it ..being who you are is commiting an offense...

AMONGER... WHAT IF....ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN CAME OUT TOO YOU... WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????????

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cheri, stop whispering! Speak up! You have something to say so say it don't whisper it! Now, I'm not saying you should YELL but you don't have to whisper either.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Traditional family values?....Not so long ago...Traditional family values a black could not marry a white....the black would be taken out and hung and the white tar and feather and disgraced and the off spring....well.....spit upon and shunned from society, regularly beaten and murdered...How some things change and some stay the same....

I seriously suggest some of you educate yourselves about the gay community and dispel the garbage some are spouting off....ignorance is bliss....a sickness? really? and the mentally challenged were the work of the devil too at one time...
61% is not a landslide by any measure....next time it will be closer...
North Carolina voters ban gay marriage, civil unions | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Nationally the tide is turning...
Gay marriage: How Americans, like Obama, are

as the old guard dies off and the more educated on the issue...it will some day be as normal as inter-racial marriages...

The issue of allowing same-sex marriage has been defeated everytime it is placed on a state ballot. 32 times the issue has been put up for a vote. 32 times it has been defeated. It is defeated everytime. Everywhere. There will not be a "next time" in North Carolina. It is now enshrined in their state constitution so liberal activist judges cannot arbitrarily bypass the will of the people.

Don't place any stock in what pollsters say. People lie to pollsters on controversial issues, then vote their conscience. The polling says one thing and then the actual voting shows reality which is gay marriage is not wanted anywhere in the United States.

Liberal crybabies throw a tantrum whenever their demands are thwarted at the ballot box. The militant gay community has overplayed its hand again and again. The American people are sick and tired of the homosexual lobby trying to force their agenda on the rest of society. Civil unions or domestic partnerships are a reasonable accommodation. Marriage requires a husband and wife. One man and one woman.

It is ridiculous to draw comparisons between the struggle of black Americans and the homosexual community. The analogy doesn't work. Blacks struggled by happenstance of birth. Homosexuality is a behavior.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
There will not be a "next time" in North Carolina. It is now enshrined in their state constitution so liberal activist judges cannot arbitrarily bypass the will of the people.
Oh I wouldn't bet my bottom dollar on that .... after all:

What the people giveth, the people can taketh away ....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'll go one further. Activist judges have been chiseling away at the Constitution for quite awhile now. Nothing is sacred anymore.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
LOOK... This is the reason my nephew tried to kill himself twice!! Because he has parents like AMONGER who are so stuck on what that dam bible says instead of letting COMMON SENSE prevail....
No, because he preferred his sin over repenting. I understand his position. The sex drive is powerful, and denying it incredibly difficult. But people deal with this and similar things all the time. They deal with gambling addictions, drug addictions, etc. There are drug addicts who prefer their drug to sex, and yet there are people who resist them, even people who were once addicted to them. It's tough, but not impossible.
As for common sense, you've heard it in this thread from people who have pointed out that homosexual sex is plainly, obviously unnatural. That the nature of sex is that man is meant for woman and vice versa is self-evident. Perhaps your nephew's problems would go away if he stopped trying to deny nature and nature's God. That's common sense.
... because he came out to his BIBLE THUMPING parents who in wich told him to change who he is....(like that's possible) ..or go away... How nice his parents told took a book of fables over there own flesh and blood...so in the inturn of being crushed and disowned by his OWN parents he tried to commit sucide 2 x ..thankful he was unsuccessful...
How can you expect someone to.change who they are to meet your belifes that's crazy..your own son???
Would you say the same if he were a pedophile and he insisted he was born that way? They have every bit the claim on that that sodomites do. Psychiatrists say they can't change, either. Something's wrong inside them. Would you criticize his parents then, or would you help get him locked up? I don't even want that for your nephew; I just want him to keep his perversion PRIVATE and not expose the rest of society to that filth or the diseases that go with it.
And the Bible is not a book of fables; it's the Word of God.

Love it ..being who you are is commiting an offense...

AMONGER... WHAT IF....ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN CAME OUT TOO YOU... WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????????
No, committing perverse acts is an offense against God and against nature. And again, instead of people wanting to drive your nephew out of town for it or lock him up for it, society is willing to turn a blind eye to it as long as he and his butt buddy don't expose decent society to it.
If my son told me he's gay, I'd tell him I'm happy he told me so we can deal with it. Can't deal with something you won't address. Then I'd show him how his urges are evil and disgusting, and though it will be tough, he mustn't act on them. His soul is in jeopardy, and more immediately, his health and the health of those around him. But none of that would be news to him because he already knows all this. That some things are inherently wrong is something you teach your children from their earliest years, isn't it? And you apply this to sex as soon as he knows what sex is.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
The quickest way to turn a fruit to a veggy? Aids

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Everything you have said about this subject in this thread just went out the window with that comment. Congratulations for showing your true colors. Stay classy my friend, stay classy.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It was a joke, the majority of time jokes will offend someone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
O'bama and every other politician will do anything for a vote. The fact of the matter about being gay, the Bible says it's an abonible sin (unforgiving).
Leviticus 18:22-30 but while your at it read the whole chapter.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Everyone has their own set of beliefs on everything. Sometimes, people will change their notions when an incident comes along that, in their own mind, convinces them differently.

I don't believe anyone in this thread will be swayed to another way of belief on the subject merely by what had been posted here.

My accepting attitude towards homosexuality isn't a lifelong thing. I had disdain for them as a young woman. It started to change that fated Sunday night in October 1980 when my friend, whom since I have known since high school and ended up in the same dormitory complex as I, came to my dorm room and said "I have to tell you something..."

I asked questions. Looking back, they seem stupid. However, he was very gracious and patient. All he told me, over time and by my observations while being exposed to other gays, seemed to make sense to me.

He said: "I don't WANT this, I just AM"

"Why would I CHOOSE a way of life that is likely to ultimately isolate me?"

"No, I do not want every man I see. We really DO have 'gay-dar'. I can't explain it"

"I do not wish I was a woman"

"You know how you are attracted to men? I have the same feeling"

"It isn't all about sex. It's about relationships. I feel more in tune with men like me"

Plus so so much more...

He told me before he told his parents. His mother said, "I knew it all along". His dad disowned him for about 3 years, but came around when he was able to realize 1. His son was the same person he was before he came out, 2. His son's sexuality didn't define who his son is, and 3. It wasn't a reflection on him as a parent. His father now accepts his son and his partner as family (my friend's mom has passed away).

I didn't accept what he said right away. It took years for it to all sink in. For me and me alone, what he said made sense over time.

We all believe what we do for whatever reasons.

Reasons that are personal to us.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
He said: "I don't WANT this, I just AM"

"Why would I CHOOSE a way of life that is likely to ultimately isolate me?"
Sure, it's very possible that he can't control his urges, or his particular urges. But he can control whether or not he has sexual relations with another male.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure, it's very possible that he can't control his urges, or his particular urges. But he can control whether or not he has sexual relations with another male.

You're wasting your time driving truck. You seem to have missed your calling.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Maybe its me but what do i care if a same sex couple wants to get married. I don't agree with it but differently not gonna tell someone else who they can't be with or get married with or who they are happy with. And the government shouldn't nether.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Maybe its me but what do i care if a same sex couple wants to get married. I don't agree with it but differently not gonna tell someone else who they can't be with or get married with or who they are happy with. And the government shouldn't nether.

The issue I have with it is it seems they are more interested in attacking and bullying rather than just wanting the same coverage like health insurance coverage, hospital visits, etc. I really don't care if 2 guys want to have a civil union or do whatever they want in their private lives but I disagree with how they are going about the marriage issue. As far as the moral/religious issues, I am not going to say they are following scripture but I am not going to judge them since their relationship with God is their's and their's alone. I also have enough issues living a sin free life and fail at it more than I should. I know there are also plenty of people that disagree with homosexuals based on the fact that it is abnormal, I can't say I have ever met a completely normal person so I really don't give that argument much merit.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums