T&K

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I just saw their ad in a trucking magazine, so they're still recruiting.

2012: Ron Paul or not at all.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
One of my new friends i spent 2 days with at a pilot signed on with them and they kept him buisy but 2 months later still not paid they kept saying next week. Till he threatened to put signa on his van that said tnk ripps of there drivers and does not pay. Hes a owner operator not drivimgesomeone elsea van. Needless to say the owner of tnk. Called him and said you will be fully paid in ten minutes. So they made it right but that is just unacceptable he ran out of money waiting to get paid and was stuck at a t stop for a week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I heard they fired that Jerry safety guy for hitting a contractor. and using a racial slur. that came direct from 2 tk driver's I was talking to in Laredo a month ago.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
but that is just unacceptable he ran out of money waiting to get paid and was stuck at a t stop for a week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Sounds like your friend has no business being in this business if he got himself stuck in a parking lot because he was under-capitalizd! That's just scary.

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Why do you ask, have you heard something?

Yes ,that lately they pay later and later their contractors. They started with 2 weeks and now they pay after a month , a month and a half. . For some reason more and more smaller carriers pay late.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Everyone thinks it's a great idea to go get your own authority. If you do and you don't have a good freight base you work cheap off load boards or cut rates to get business.If you are better than a erage, you may make it. If not, you will lose a lot of money and be replaced by another guy with the same great idea. We do need less carries.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I really disagree with is....a carrier will see a unit say in Conn. and bid the load not even having a unit there of their own...and turn around and sell it to the carrier that has...minus their % of the pie...leaving less for the O/O...

The Alliance should have rules against this.....some Alliance members are even selling to carriers outside the Alliance...

60MPH

Expert Expediter
What I really disagree with is....a carrier will see a unit say in Conn. and bid the load not even having a unit there of their own...and turn around and sell it to the carrier that has...minus their % of the pie...leaving less for the O/O...

The Alliance should have rules against this.....some Alliance members are even selling to carriers outside the Alliance...

Most broker agreements state NO DOUBLE BROKERING. But some carriers just want to break the rules to make a couple extra $$. Some get caught and the org shipper/broker will no longer use that carrier, wish they would get caught more often if you ask me.

Then you have the carriers who have no broker authority posting loads!! And of course there is a bottom feeder that will haul such a load and hope to get paid.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Many of the small carriers are struggling because they are reliant on the larger ones for their overflow. When that doesn't happen, slow pay, gameplaying and a host of other issues start up.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Dave is correct.. The little guys starve when the big guys have enough capacity to haul their own loads.

My carrier gets tons of overflow freight from the large carriers. but we over deliver, not over promise ;)

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

More than likely the carrier with the unit in CT has bid on it also - this happens more often than you might think. The "Alliance" has created more problems than it solves as it has grown larger and less selective. I can't help but wonder how many small carriers are getting a decent return on the rather high fees they pay to be part of this group. However, the contractor has the final say depending on how much he wants to do that run out of CT, FL, KS or wherever. After sitting up there a couple of days 80 cents per mile for a cargo van move to Cleveland might not look too bad.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
More than likely the carrier with the unit in CT has bid on it also - this happens more often than you might think. The "Alliance" has created more problems than it solves as it has grown larger and less selective. I can't help but wonder how many small carriers are getting a decent return on the rather high fees they pay to be part of this group. However, the contractor has the final say depending on how much he wants to do that run out of CT, FL, KS or wherever. After sitting up there a couple of days 80 cents per mile for a cargo van move to Cleveland might not look too bad.

Seems the Alliance lets anyone on the boards...as long as they have their own authority..why is this? so bigger members can dump less profitable loads unto them?...Are they allowed to sell outside the Alliance?

I remember years ago NLMI policy was 1 truck, 1 load, now they are not so picky...guess it came down to $$$$$

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
NLMI is still 1 truck 1 load but a lot of carriers get around that. There are some companies who bid on NLM loads and post them on the alliance because one of their drivers backs out of the load. From what i'm seeing on NLM, the board is very strict and hands out service failures at every turn. I would be very nervous about accepting a NLM load and then re-brokering it back out to another carrier.

With regards to Sylectus, they do screen smaller carriers, but they cannot prevent everyone from joining. Also, they do not police double-brokering as it is the larger 3PL's job to police what their outside carrier base is doing with their loads after they've been awarded. All I know is i'm not gonna jeopardize my access to any of these boards just to make a quick buck!

keith111475

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, the owner has told me himself multiple times. Not only do they have money problems but they seem to have an incompetent staff. I would avoid them.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Seems the Alliance lets anyone on the boards...as long as they have their own authority..why is this? so bigger members can dump less profitable loads unto them?...Are they allowed to sell outside the Alliance?

I remember years ago NLMI policy was 1 truck, 1 load, now they are not so picky...guess it came down to $$$$$

Sylectus "policy" says a carrier must have 5 units.

Status
Not open for further replies.