NLMI-Landstar

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Explains why I got a call from Landstar today offering me a dedicated run from Peoria, IL to oh somewhere. I wasn't interested so I told them to save their breath LOL. I am not hauling that low paying crap. But nice of them to offer anyway.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im just concerned that the way the loads are distributed will be different.

No sense getting your tighty whiteies in a wad. Landstar mainly bought NLM for their computer system. They kept everything the same. Landstar does not give their drivers any special favors regarding NLM. If changes are coming I don't think it will effect you. Remember they are working with the big 3, so whatever happens it has to benefit the big 3 instead of you.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
No sense getting your tighty whiteies in a wad. Landstar mainly bought NLM for their computer system. They kept everything the same. Landstar does not give their drivers any special favors regarding NLM. If changes are coming I don't think it will effect you. Remember they are working with the big 3, so whatever happens it has to benefit the big 3 instead of you.

landstar lets whoever will haul freight cheapest haul it !

idtrans

Expert Expediter
LS/NLM does not decide who gets the load but the source does and it is a bit more complex than just the lowest bid.

Very true but lately most shippers could care less who is hauling the freight. It's getting bad that's why I went in a direction I hate flatbeds but the money is solid.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

If Landstar takes loads away from the other carriers that are bidding on NLM, it would be a conflict of interest. They still award the load to the lowest bidder. I know, I deal with Landstar agents sometimes. NLM has a certain model and integrity that needs to be maintained in order to keep their customers and carriers happy.

keith111475

Seasoned Expediter
I dont know if its a conflict of interest, but Im concerned about the other carriers that pull from the nlm board and if they will still be able to.:confused:

Monty

Expert Expediter
And .... when I asked Landstar why we, (Landstar contractors), did not get first pick of "the good stuff", they were adamant that NLM works as a separate business. Just because they own it did not mean they cherry picked it. NLM is their own business, simply owned by Landstar.