Bidding boards

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Do anyone know from what load board takes the smaller carriers their cargo van/sprinter loads. I know NLM or Sylectus. Panther has a small bidding board to. But it is other places to?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Do anyone know from what load board takes the smaller carriers their cargo van/sprinter loads. I know NLM or Sylectus. Panther has a small bidding board to. But it is other places to?

Those boards have been really slow lately and if you do not already have an established relationship with the carriers on those boards it is going to be hard to get any loads. The market is a bit more depressed than it was a few years ago and it is harder to break into the inner circle these days. I'd say you ar ebetter off letting the established carriers load up your trucks for you. I'm in it more for the brokering side of it.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Can you send me a PM with more info? Thank you very much.I signed up at Panther board but not to much activity for sprinters/vans.

About a year and a half back Panther used to have a lot of loads on their board; sometimes up to 40 loads on a friday afternoon, all for monday pick-ups. The business is slow right now and Panther is getting a lot of their work covered with their own trucks. There are some good loads up there from time to time, but you have to be in the right areas to get them. Right now there is absolutely nothing for cargo vans and sprinters up on the board because as I stated earlier (they are getting those loads covered in house).

Let me be as honest as possible for you guys, now is not a good time to get into the business as a carrier unless you have a lot of money to spend and you can wait out the slow economy. I'm mostly in it to be a freight broker and I use my carrier side to break even on my fixt montly expenses. I wish you luck though Mike.

guido4475

Not a Member
I think the load boards are mainly the leftovers that the big carriers cannot cover.But when it is slow, there are not many scraps left for the little load board only carriers to bid on.And
I also believe it is like an auction, the lowest bidder wins.Just sayin...Maybe I'm wrong..who knows...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I also believe it is like an auction, the lowest bidder wins.Just sayin...Maybe I'm wrong..who knows...

Not always. Sometimes it's about reputation. Some brokers/companies will pay a higher rate to put their load on a truck that has a proven track record.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's where Load One comes in !!!! :D

Well it's quite simple, Guido. If I have a really good customer call me with a load that I have to broker out and I have three bids in on it and one is from a reputable company with a proven track record. I'm gonna just take a cut in my profit margins to get the load covered by a company that will get the job done right. It is only about price if the customer wants to make it about price, then when the load is given to a sub-par carrier because of the price constraints placed on it by the shipper, they will have to deal with the load being delivered late.

But if two reputable companies are bidding on the load and one had a lower rate that is a different story all together! I know Load One would get the job done if I ever needed them for one of my customers. I'm just not sure I could afford them... lol

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
logistics companies you can get good pay from,Total Quality,and Ryder Logistics,sometimes CH Robinson Express

all three very good companies.

after sitting for a day in RI ch just gave me a run to tulsa 200# of cable in trays $2.40 per mile delivers direct

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Well it's quite simple, Guido. If I have a really good customer call me with a load that I have to broker out and I have three bids in on it and one is from a reputable company with a proven track record. I'm gonna just take a cut in my profit margins to get the load covered by a company that will get the job done right. It is only about price if the customer wants to make it about price, then when the load is given to a sub-par carrier because of the price constraints placed on it by the shipper, they will have to deal with the load being delivered late.

So true. We consistently get loads from brokers when they get lower bids from other carriers because we have a track record for good service. I learned that the hard way myself when I got a call to move a load and I didn't have a truck in the area. I brokered it out and the people who ran it botched it so bad I had to have another carrier recover the load and I haven't had another load offer from that customer since. When you're a small carrier, providing good service is essential. You just need to contact enough of the larger carriers and logistics companies. Once you do some loads and provide good service on those loads, those companies will remember you and sometimes you will get a load even if your bid is higher.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
tql is bottom feeder freight. cheap & heavy is bottom feeder freight also lol

depends on who you deal with. Cheap and heavy as lot of truckers refer to them most likely has enough cash on hand to buy out every expediter here.They are into all modes of transport and I would bet $100 that those of you who are leased on with a company that you have hauled a ch load you just didnt know it.

how many here get paid 50% of the load as soon as loaded and paid in two days for 1.5%
without using a factoring company?

I agree that when your down in miami trying to get a truckload out they will offer you .85 per mile to haul and thats about as cheap and heavy as it gets.but on the flip side of that I have hauled 1000+ mile loads for them that have paid as much as $4 in a dry box.
So with that said go ahead and bash them more freight for me. they remind alot like landstar they give you the tools they just dont give you the instructions on how to use them