October Banter and Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Started the week in Belvidere Ill....72 hours, 3 loads and X amount of DOLLAS later ... I am right back here....OOS...for a few...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dennis...have a new spot for pickle transfer....;)

oh and There is a toaster oven in the drivers room now.:)...NO more soggy pizza...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of pickles, I bought a new Filter for the big buddy yesterday...forgot about the 1 i have in the van since it was promised to you!!

And as for the "toaster oven"....I bought a toaster for the van the other day too..only 750 watt draw!!! Nexttime i amin Wal-mart, i need to get a few jars of jam...strawberry and grape..maybe some apple butter!!! :D

Still sittin in Murfreesboro Tn..#1 from Chattanooga TN to Franklin KY.....:rolleyes:

Thinkin about some "karaoke" tonight....:eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking of pickles, I bought a new Filter for the big buddy yesterday...forgot about the 1 i have in the van since it was promised to you!!

And as for the "toaster oven"....I bought a toaster for the van the other day too..only 750 watt draw!!! Nexttime i amin Wal-mart, i need to get a few jars of jam...strawberry and grape..maybe some apple butter!!! :D

Still sittin in Murfreesboro Tn..#1 from Chattanooga TN to Franklin KY.....:rolleyes:

Thinkin about some "karaoke" tonight....:eek:

JuJu has tinkered with apple Butter...home made...:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Speaking of that...next time you come home grab me a half bushel on your way home...I've just been experimenting with apples and rhubarb sauce and it's pretty good with a little cream poured over the top.

And I've got an idea for that toaster oven...grab some fresh broccoli or cauliflower or snap peas, drizzle it with olive oil and sea salt and roast it up for about15 minutes..mmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM GOOD!

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Started the week in Belvidere Ill....72 hours, 3 loads and X amount of DOLLAS later ... I am right back here....OOS...for a few...:)
Delivered in East Moline last Thursday, 180 hours, 0 loads, 1 dry run and X amount of DOLLAS later ... I am still sitting in Cedar Rapids....In-Service...for a few. :(

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sorry about that Turtle. I did not realize you had been there that long. (Not that I am the guy who books loads but I still didn't realize). The system clocks reset when a dry run occurs as they have to final out the load in a dry run status so we can bill and pay the unit. A part of the system that I don't particularly love.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Got a nice load out of Del Rio, Tx, going to.....Liberty, Missouri?? Wondering what to do afterwards..may have to get the advice of the relocation expert on this one!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry about that Turtle. I did not realize you had been there that long. (Not that I am the guy who books loads but I still didn't realize).
I figure you have enough on your plate without having to worry about me. That's what you pay those in Operations for. :D

The system clocks reset when a dry run occurs as they have to final out the load in a dry run status so we can bill and pay the unit.
Out of curiosity, and it doesn't matter in this case (cause I've been sitting for more than 48 since the Dry Run), but does a Dry Run interrupt Layover time? It is Layover OR Dry Run, or can you get both if the Dry Run occurs in the middle of a Layover?

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Feeling like crap but gotta make some dollas in the yard chillin...Bout to hit the sack...Be safe out there and night y'all

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I figure you have enough on your plate without having to worry about me. That's what you pay those in Operations for. :D

Out of curiosity, and it doesn't matter in this case (cause I've been sitting for more than 48 since the Dry Run), but does a Dry Run interrupt Layover time? It is Layover OR Dry Run, or can you get both if the Dry Run occurs in the middle of a Layover?

Actually now you can cashout again....that was a paid run and now you get a new 48 hours...