New to Fedex Custom Critical

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You got that right Dave. People here these "stories" at the truck stops. For some reason they fall for them, then post those tall tales on here as fact. That really makes it difficult for newbies to figure out what is going on. It does everyone a great disservice.

bojomoko

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you everyone for your replies. In Fedex Ground we have the following bonus programs:

Core Zone: $0-$30 extra a day (Routes that are further away from the hub recieve a higher core zone.

Van Availability: $45 a day for keeping your truck in service.
($225.00 extra a week)

Monthly CCS bonus: (319-599) This is a customer service bonus. (Better service = more money)

Quarterly Performance settlement: $400-$440.

Multiple Route owner Bonus: $1250-$10000. This depends on how many routes a contractor owns.

Service Account Bonus.

Does Fedex custom critical have similar bonus programs? Van availability and the CCS bonus program is a big plus for MR and SR scontractors. Without these programs I can honestly say that the ground "contractor" model will fail.

MR- Multiple Route
SR - Single Route

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank you everyone for your replies. In Fedex Ground we have the following bonus programs:

Core Zone: $0-$30 extra a day (Routes that are further away from the hub recieve a higher core zone.

Van Availability: $45 a day for keeping your truck in service.
($225.00 extra a week)

Monthly CCS bonus: (319-599) This is a customer service bonus. (Better service = more money)

Quarterly Performance settlement: $400-$440.

Multiple Route owner Bonus: $1250-$10000. This depends on how many routes a contractor owns.

Service Account Bonus.

Does Fedex custom critical have similar bonus programs? Van availability and the CCS bonus program is a big plus for MR and SR scontractors. Without these programs I can honestly say that the ground "contractor" model will fail.

MR- Multiple Route
SR - Single Route

Nope, nothing at all.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Expedite uses trucks, but that's where the similarities between Expediting and General Trucking ends. It's the same with FedEx Ground and FedEx Custom Critical, after the "FedEx", all similarities end.

FedEx Ground, and general trucking, is like working at McDonald's where you work every day, all day long, and are constantly working, for no money, and you don't have a choice in what you are doing. Expedite is Catering, where you may do nothing for days between jobs, and you have no idea what or where the next job will be, but you can pick and choose what you do and the pay is more inconsistent but better.

If you run for Ground you're a slave. If you're an expediter, you're a picky and choosy persnickety slave with an attitude.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Not really surprising. The issue for most in CC is to capture the high paying rates while those in ground seem to be targeting consistency - BIG difference.

The two guys who I know on the FR program do like it, they are making money and can count on the consistent revenue. They, as I have been told that some of the source for their work comes from Freight and LTL as spill over and/or exclusive use. Some of the work that gets into the CC system and refused doesn't all get thrown outside the system.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"If you run for Ground you're a slave. If you're an expediter, you're a picky and choosy persnickety slave with an attitude."

WELL SAID!!!

bojomoko

Seasoned Expediter
Everyone is a slave in general and some are higher paid than others. The one thing that's certain is that we can be replaced. We have about 14,100,000 to 14,500,000 unemployed slaves in this country. I wouldn't say Fedex Ground doesn't make any money we are just in a highly competitive field. If it wasn't for ground, Fedex CC wouldn't exist. When the peak of the recession hit our division still grew with positive earnings. In 2010 the ground division grew 13%. Fedex Ground changed my life and I am very grateful.

Last edited:

bojomoko

Seasoned Expediter
Joan Murphy sent me the Flat rate revenue for solo and team drivers. I noticed that the FR for solo drivers is a little higher than the rate for team drivers. What's an average amount miles driven a week for solo drivers vs team drivers?

bojomoko

Seasoned Expediter
How do you mean? Except for MAYBE 1/2 percent, NONE of the loads I carry could be handled by ground. They are not spill over. Please explain.

I meant that the ground division is the bread and butter for Fedex corp. This gives them revenue to compete and grow the brands name.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes the divisions work together, but it seems many don't get the idea that there are a lot of sources for work within the company, which is a very good thing for all.

By the way Layout, were you not the one who said where the pharma loads come from?

It's just funny to see someone type what has been said before.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some, not all. Pharma is not my bread and butter anyway.

Yes, ground is the bread and butter of FedEx over all.

We don't work together as well as some may think. Things could be a LOT better in that regard.

bojomoko

Seasoned Expediter
Joan Murphy sent me the Flat rate revenue for solo and team drivers. I noticed that the FR for solo drivers is a little higher than the rate for team drivers. How many miles do you guys average a day? Thanks again

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Joan Murphy sent me the Flat rate revenue for solo and team drivers. I noticed that the FR for solo drivers is a little higher than the rate for team drivers. How many miles do you guys average a day? Thanks again

I don't know about T/T but we don't have a "per day" average on miles. We can sit for one to several days between loads. What them flat raters do I have no idea.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh alright thanks. How many miles do you average a week?

I have no idea how many miles I average in a week. I could figure it out but it is not something I look at. I keep track of the mileage on every load.

I can make as much driving 3 miles as I can driving a thousand miles. Miles mean very little. It is what it pays. My average load last year was 700 miles. Average weight about the same. Given the choice I would prefer to drive less and make more. $2500 for a thousand mile load is pretty good. $2500 for a 253 mile run, 250 miles was DH, is MUCH better. I have done both. That is why I prefer not to be on flat rate.