For van lowers...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
GM is worried about their stock and making money off of it while ford is lost in the woods.

IF Ford would get off their a** and bring the same van as MB has within a realistic price, they would own the market within a few years.

GM is still struggling on what a van is, they seem to think that we need to stick to the old style van for the 22nd century.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
renault is years ahead of the curve again. the espace was years ahead of the minivan revolution and much nicer appointed. guess it is just available with the duals?

Last edited:

idtrans

Expert Expediter
The other day in laredo on mexico side I saw the new ford van traffic it's called I guess wow very nice setup and silent you couldnt even tell it was running and diesel I talked to the driver and he said he drives all over the city all day and spends $35 us in diesel so not to bad .

And this Renault is super nice.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
renault is years ahead of the curve again. the espace was years ahead of the minivan revolution and much nicer appointed. guess it is just available with the duals?

You are aware that the espace was a UK design based on the Caravan?

As for Renualt being years ahead, I would concede that point in comparison to any American company, mainly because we have no style left.

Case in point - Avantime

Citreon is another company that can show us a bit more about styling.

In Mexico, the transit has been on the market for a while. The 2.2 CDI engine (the same one that is in the EU focus that gets 60 plus MPG) is a good engine and amazing with the 5 and 6 speed transmissions. WE may not see it until 2012, so far Ford keeps saying it will be here but they keep finding issues with the marketing of it.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
memory must be foggy. thought the espace came before the caravan.

just did a wiki and sure enough the espace debuted in 1984. originally it looked like an aerostar. it was the gen 2 that i viewed when in france.

what is avantime?

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
lowrider-van.jpg

moose

Veteran Expediter
We're so scrwedup ...
here we give tickets for having a laptop in a truck ,
and in EU laptop stands comes as standard equipment...