Could Marcy Kaptur Be Worried?

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Todays News: Marcy Kaptur says that she isn't sure How she will Vote on Obumma Care! She says that she Has to see what is best for the People she Represents! Lol My question is When did she Ever Care what her Constituents Want or Wanted? She has Been out for Herself and a Select Few by Taking the "I'll Call it Bribe Money" without anyone in her District and Go All Over the News with Her Face and Say: Look What I Did For You! I Got Funding for This and That, But what she doesn't tell you is that she Just Sold her Constituents down the River to Get it! 28 Years in Office is Way Too Long, She Has to go this November! :mad:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
This barrycare crap has be going on for almost 14 mo ths..how in the he8ll does she not know how she is going to vote?!?!? I don't believe her for a minute! She knows exactly how she is going to vote and the decision has nothing to do with what is "best for her constituents" or what they want for that matter... when she ran the 1st time she stated that the guy in office had been there 26 yrs and that he needed to go, that was too long...she needs to live by her own words.....:mad:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
This barrycare crap has be going on for almost 14 mo ths..how in the he8ll does she not know how she is going to vote?!?!? I don't believe her for a minute! She knows exactly how she is going to vote and the decision has nothing to do with what is "best for her constituents" or what they want for that matter... when she ran the 1st time she stated that the guy in office had been there 26 yrs and that he needed to go, that was too long...she needs to live by her own words.....:mad:

The Lying Wench Knows that she's going to vote for it to Appease the Pantload in Chief! She just doesn't want her Switchboard Lit up Like it was Before!

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
The Lying Wench Knows that she's going to vote for it to Appease the Pantload in Chief! She just doesn't want her Switchboard Lit up Like it was Before!

I would Like to apologize to the "Wench Part" of this Thread!! But she is Still a Liar!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wish they were in fear of their lives not just their jobs. That would be a more appropriate level of fear and a more appropriate realization and acknowledgement of the magnitude of evil they are involved in.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
She came out this morning saying she is leaning towards voting FOR it.....her big concern is the abortion issue..she does care what those in her district want......:mad:...

and yes Leo, i totally agree.....:mad:

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
her big concern is the abortion issue..she does care what those in her district want......:mad:...

She should be voting according to her beliefs. If that doesn't match up with her constituency, then they should vote her out.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
She should be voting according to her beliefs

excuse me!?!!? Ill give you the part that when she doesn't vote as the people believe she should be voted out (thats another story in toledo politics altogether) but she is the "peoples representative", her vote on any issue is to reflex that of the people she represents not her personal beliefs....any elected rep gives up voting their own beliefs when they choose to represent the people......

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
She came out this morning saying she is leaning towards voting FOR it.....her big concern is the abortion issue..she does care what those in her district want......:mad:...

Just More Proof that she is a Liar!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think that many don't get this, a lot of them are not afraid of the people they represent. They don't care, some who won't be reelected will get some 'job' after November and may be sacrificed for the cause.

It seems that people are forgetting that once they get their five years in (3 terms for the house and one for the senate), their pension is vested and they can leave with not just that but other perks.

So the fear seems to be with the 'freshmen' representatives who won't get the 5 year perks.

What really this does is to justify two things, one is the repeal of the 17th amendment to allow the selection of the senators by the states to represent the state, not the people. And to add a recall amendment to allow states to recall senators and the people to recall their representatives. Once these two things are done, then there won't be the problems we see with Pass and Deem and other issues.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
excuse me!?!!?
You're excused ..... but only for the time being .... :rolleyes:

.... but she is the "peoples representative", her vote on any issue is to reflex (reflect ? :confused:) that of the people she represents not her personal beliefs .... any elected rep gives up voting their own beliefs when they choose to represent the people......
Good grief ..... wherever in the world did you ever get this utterly strange and totally weird idea ?

"Representative democracy is a form of government founded on the principle of elected individuals representing the people, as opposed to either autocracy or direct democracy."

"The representatives form an independent ruling body (for an election period) charged with the responsibility of acting in the people's interest, but not as their proxy representatives; that is, not necessarily always according to their wishes, but with enough authority to exercise swift and resolute initiative in the face of changing circumstances. It is often contrasted with direct democracy ......"

"A republic is a form of government in which the citizens choose their leaders and the people (or at least a part of its people) have an impact on its government. The word "republic" is derived from the Latin phrase res publica, which can be translated as "a public affair".

"In the United States, James Madison defined republic in terms of representative democracy as opposed to direct democracy ...."

Perhaps it is the meaning and definition of the word represent that is confusing the issue for you ...... or maybe just the concept of acting in someone's interest ..... :confused:

At any rate ya might wanna spend a little less time in the blogosphere, and a little more time with say, Jimmy M ... (try Federalist No. 10 for starters .......)

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yea i knew after i re-read it that stating that she or anyone else elect "gives up voting their own beliefs" was over the top and would draw the consternation of a few, but figured I'd leave it just for that very reason....:D

and yes I even have a set "Federalist Papers" and know of what "Jimmy Madison" spoke...but the fact is in MY OPINION, when a person is elected by the people, they Represent those people and vote the way those people have informed them as they should...in other words we put you there as our representative and our voice to vote as WE the people would, we don't need you voting your beliefs when they run counter to those that elected...now I also know that without a "vote of the people" on each issue, the elected rep has to relay on other factors and communications with those that elected them...the people that have contacted marcy have made it clear that by a majority that have contatacted her offices in both Washington and Toledo phone, e-mail, and fax and petitions that they don't want this bs called barrycare....so no matter what her feelings are on the issue, to be there and represent those that voted her in office, she needs to vote with their wants, not her beliefs......and yes i understand that people have contacted the elected reps that want this bs, but the majority do not....

Its much like the rest of the country, poll after poll state that the people don't want this, yet it is being pushed on us because the liberal dems and barry think they know better wants in the best interest of the people then the people do for themselves...it just ain't so...:D

Last edited:

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter

Couldn't have said it better myself.......well, actually I could have , but, surprisingly enough, I agree with you nonetheless...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Marcy announced that she WILL vote FOR this bs...but i think everyone had her figured for a yes vote to begin with so she was never really in the No vote to begin with....she needs to go....

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Marcy announced that she WILL vote FOR this bs...but i think everyone had her figured for a yes vote to begin with so she was never really in the No vote to begin with....she needs to go....

Marcy Better be worried, According to the People I Have Talked to in the Past 3-4 Months! We need someone in that Office that Has some Common Sense as the Current Occupant Has Proven Over and Over that She Doesn't Have Any! :mad:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
When they start taking a knife to medicare and limiting coverage for the seniors....her voter base down at the "Chet Jablonski" senior center on Lagrange st. will have had enough and she will be toast....they are the ones that continue to keep her in office.......:mad: