Is a Toilet too much to ask for?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Were you aware that "poop" has no weight while in the body? You can test this by doing the following"

Weigh your self just prior to depositing a two day Movement
Weigh the empty KFC bucket

This gives you your "base" numbers

Deposit your "Movement" in the KFC bucket

Re-weigh yourself and the bucket

The bucket will now weigh more and you won't weigh any less.

I wonder if we can get this Congress to do a year study on this. It would be right up thier alley!! There is plenty of "POOP" there to work with!!!

Layoutshooter

dieselwrench

Seasoned Expediter
Any of the porta potties from the camping dept. at meijer or wal-mart work great and are easy to dump. Keep a can of Chlorox type cleaning wipes and you are ready to spend time anywhere, would not leave home without it.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
We have a thetford porta potty in our truck.
We dump it at rest areas and flying j's. It is a lifesaver. I don't know what we would do without it.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
what ever happened to hop out of truck go behind some bushes do your thing then get back in truck and roll

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I've been witness to, too many truck drivers watering the wheels, They don't even try to hide.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
What's so bad is when they get out of the truck in broad
daylight and pee on their tires. Beats me why they don't go to the bathroom.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Beats me why they don't go to the bathroom.[/QUOTE said:
Um, maybe it's cause they're lazy disgusting pigs?!
Speaking of which, I'd like to perform brain surgery with a butter knife on those who throw chicken bones on the ground - if the dog gets them, (and she is FAST, especially when there's food involved) she could choke to death. :mad:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
The peepee bottles on the side of the road are also high class :rolleyes:

Last edited:

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Dakota sez: "The peepee bottles on the side of the road are also high class." Obviously these guys aren't long time EO readers. They must not have read about The Old Prof's Professional Preferred Patented Plastic Pee Pipe. Whatever you use, it can be emptied in a drain, rinsed with water and mouth wash and be clean again. (clean enough). Used to gross out my wife at hometime when I washed my pee pipe and jug out with bleach in the kitchen sink.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
guess they can't hold it any longer didn't stop and head for the bushes but realy it's been easy so far this year fuel islands not full up rest areas not full been fairly easy to stop and be civil but i know sometimes its imposable and i don't know how female drivers make it

witchywoman07

Seasoned Expediter
There is no silliness about this subject. Hubby and I have been doing this for 13 years and have had a porta potty for 12. After a near rape at a rest area on I 5 in California many years ago when I had to stop to pee at 2 a.m. while my husband was sleeping and we were under a hot load we opted for a porta potty for safety reasons. Thetford makes the best quality. Don't go and buy a huge one as your hubby will most likely have to empty it and they get very heavy. We use the Campa Chem purple top porta potty chemical that you can buy at Wal mart. It smells the best and is reasonable in price. We only use the porta potta for peeing. Having to stop for our daily "constitutional" makes us get out and stretch our legs. Other pluses for a porta potta.....step stool for getting those things too high for me to reach, extra chair. He will immediately appreciate not having to stop every time you gotta pee. Also, he will love not having to get up and get dressed on cold winter nites to get out and water the tires. But seriously, they have a small footprint in the truck and the safety/convenience they provide are priceless. OOOh, if he is arguing the money point....think of the fuel you will save on not having to stop at the rest area and then get the truck back up to speed again. If you need anymore excuses then let me know, I think we can all come up with some more.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
After a couple of years of expediting and fighting OVM with the matter of carrying our pee around with us (OH, so GROSS!) , I finally caved in and let him convince me that the porta potty would alleviate ALL those left door open,15 minute stops on an expedited load.

And Ladies!!! I LOVE my porta-potty...wouldn't go anywhere without it now! *lol*

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Oh that lovely little potty
when you have to take a whiz
is totally necessary when
you're in the expediting biz!

truckn-lace

Seasoned Expediter
Ladies we live in this man's world of trucking hats off to every guy whose man enough to admit they like the porta potty too. Clean always no different than the one we have in our Montana camper at home. The theford is the way to go. Clean with clorox and water. Use the theford Campa-Chem packets. Sell them at flying J. With this swine flu
epedemic I'll pull the curtain and use my porta potty and know I am germ free one more time. Your looking to spend $80.00 but is so worth it. You go girls!!!

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Where can i purchase the theford potty.Wife wants one,ok me to LOL. Any links would be great .Thanks Jeff& Den