help better identify ourselves

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
In another thread someone said it would be nice if EOers could identify themselves to the others at a carrier event or even in truck stops. I suggested "throwing up" a hand sign and barking like a dog. My wife to a picture of me throwing up what I thought was a pretty good hand sign. With the left hand I made an uppercase E out of my thumb, index finger, and middle finger. With my right hand I made the o.k. sign. Put them together it is "EO is ok". Pretty catchy huh?

Well I got to thinking some of the members might not want to bark in public places, and some might have a hard time with the hand sign. So would it be possible to get t-shirts or caps available for order? Or maybe we could just get Expediters Online airbrushed on something? The only thing with the airbrush is I wouldn't want to infringe on any copyrights or whatever the little R in the circle means. I just figured maybe some t-shirts, caps, or even bumper stickers would be nice.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
would that be a white ball cap with a lth of thick yarn coming from behind?

should be interesting at the expo to see what folks come up with.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We used to have Bumper Stickers, I had one on my Van till I had the Bumper Replaced

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I love the hand signal idea! Maybe when everyone is at the Expo you all can come up with something perfect. We wear our company apparel so we the t-shirts or caps won't work for us. There must be some way to do this.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
We could get balloons made that had EO on them then fill them with helium and tie them to our belt loops.that way you could find each other across a parking lot or crowd.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This is something I just shared with Arkjar, but thought others might like it too: you can print your own avatar onto a t shirt very easily, really. Get some fabric transfer paper (in the craft dept at Walmart), and print your avatar onto it, then iron it onto a shirt, after you've got it the size you want - eeezzeee.
It's a small photo, but the shirt is one I made for Mrs Goodtude, and still haven't been able to hand over, as I haven't managed to run into them yet....:(
It's fun, to play with the editing programs, (like MS Paint), to enlarge and maybe add color to your avatar, before printing it out. Have a ball!:D

Attachments

• cynthia's e o shirt.jpg
    cynthia's e o shirt.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 19

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
okay what color shirt? we don't have company apparel. since i don't have an avatar i will have a plain shirt with nothing on it. hows that for identity? still gonna have the white ball cap with a tail. and i will have one to give away with aluminum foil inside.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Had my wife take a picture of me "throwing up" the EO is OK sign. Only problem is she is having a hard time emailing it to me.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That could be pretty cool, Ark, in a super-secret-agent kind of way, lol - like the Masons, we could flash it at truckstops, and no one else would know what it's all about - I like it!:D
Only you probly won't be able to do it much at the Expo, what with both hands being full of the 'gimme bags' ;)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
One our truck we have an EO sticker Terry designed and had printed. We also have a powder coated purple license plate with Team Caffee lasered into it. A few EO members have found us just by that plate.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
When I saw the license I came over and introduced myself, we met in the Dallas TA.

But we really need to have some sort of name tag with our screen names on them. How about it Lawrence? Will you make some up for the forum members who have said they are going to attend?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
All this talk of throwing up.... this should fit right in.

I just ordered this license plate :)

685554-4783a.gif

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Naaa. Thought about it, but then I figured it might send the wrong message to a shipper were I to wear it at a pickup.

Plus, I never have been, yet, but if I were to ever be late, I'd be wearing that shirt.