December freight & fun

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Score for you! Anyone know the going rate for a van out of Laredo right now? They don't seem to be striking the hook at .60

.75 seems like a good number.
Reminds me of a time about four years ago a bunch of drivers at a certain carrier sitting around at a certain unnamed Coney Island in Detroit bragging beating on their chests "you'll never catch me running for under a dollar a mile" WE were crowing....fast forward to the present LOL

Last edited:

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Score for you! Anyone know the going rate for a van out of Laredo right now? They don't seem to be striking the hook at .60

Reminds me of a time about four years ago a bunch of drivers at a certain carrier sitting around at a certain unnamed Coney Island in Detroit bragging beating on their chests "you'll never catch me running for under a dollar a mile" we were crowing....fast forward to the present LOL

Ehh, I'm okay with leaving for .75 cents out of Laredo in a day and a half. On the facebook group "life of an expediter" or whatever, I saw someone sitting there for over a week...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Reminds me of a time about four years ago a bunch of drivers at a certain carrier sitting around at a certain unnamed Coney Island in Detroit bragging beating on their chests "you'll never catch me running for under a dollar a mile" we were crowing....fast forward to the present LOL

Ehh, I'm okay with leaving for .75 cents out of Laredo in a day and a half. On the facebook group "life of an expediter" or whatever, I saw someone sitting there for over a week...
Oh don't give me wrong I'm OK with that ...I was just taking a trip down memory lane

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My record is six days, then I dh'd out and got out of Houston the next day. A guy sat here 26 days back in 2011 (?). He's now in an office :)

Reactions: ntimevan

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
What all those illegal loads are going to come to a complete and sucking standstill because people can't make up their minds once electronic logs become mandated and we have no choice but to turn down stuff. I've actually been sitting for nine hours so far today waiting for someone to make up their mind about what you're doing on three different jobs needless to say I haven't gotten a single one of them and I'm just gonna head back home it's Friday

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Well this wasn't a illegal load just a illegal offer, And I got another one for Louisville on my 10th hour (later that evening)
I pretty much run legal now. (Try to:D )
With all the electronic devices and different ways to place me somewhere, I ain't taking chances anymore.
Once we go full boat electronic log I will accept anything legal and if things go south either at the shipper or enroute, I'll still have the freight and the compliance issues becomes dispatch issues. Not my fault if they send me on a 150 mile deadhead and don't take the deadhead into consideration.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you guys ready for it? It is all over the weather news arctic blast coming by mid week about 30° below normal single digits some areas !

So keeping with the forecast above, I just posted something in the classifieds to help keep ya warm for the folks that don't already have a heater.
7d2b164fb24b6c5c39d6b61d734f04d0-lovedoll10.jpg

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Well this wasn't a illegal load just a illegal offer, And I got another one for Louisville on my 10th hour (later that evening)
I pretty much run legal now. (Try to:D )
With all the electronic devices and different ways to place me somewhere, I ain't taking chances anymore.
Once we go full boat electronic log I will accept anything legal and if things go south either at the shipper or enroute, I'll still have the freight and the compliance issues becomes dispatch issues. Not my fault if they send me on a 150 mile deadhead and don't take the deadhead into consideration.

They never even think about it on my end!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums or the fact you've been awake and trying to find loads for the past 10 hrs.....

guido4475

Not a Member
Yea, you were one of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reminds me of a time about four years ago a bunch of drivers at a certain carrier sitting around at a certain unnamed Coney Island in Detroit bragging beating on their chests "you'll never catch me running for under a dollar a mile" WE were crowing....fast forward to the present LOL
Yea, you were one of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app
Yes sir,... big 10/4 there....how things have changed eh?. Good to see ya Dave....:)

Last edited:
Reactions: hazmat and ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well, I should know better than to doubt Murray. Right after lunch we were discussing if we should head home for the weekend, BANG, on the way from Greenville NC to Austin TX. Kind of changes the week in a hurry.

Ntimevan - me carrying green and yellow too.

Periodic - on I-20 going thru Atlanta now, I just waved.

Akks - I feel your pain, so far, so good but I am very concerned with my Transit Tranny.

Xmud - .60 for team is acceptable if you REALLY want to go somewhere else. Otherwise, .75/.80 for a team is correct in this market

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I should know better than to doubt Murray. Right after lunch we were discussing if we should head home for the weekend, BANG, on the way from Greenville NC to Austin TX. Kind of changes the week in a hurry.

Ntimevan - me carrying green and yellow too.

Periodic - on I-20 going thru Atlanta now, I just waved.

Akks - I feel your pain, so far, so good but I am very concerned with my Transit Tranny.

Xmud - .60 for team is acceptable if you REALLY want to go somewhere else. Otherwise, .75/.80 for a team is correct in this market

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
You hauling Banana 's to Texas .....

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: hazmat