December freight & fun

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Score for you! Anyone know the going rate for a van out of Laredo right now? They don't seem to be striking the hook at .60

Reactions: ntimevan

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So how has freight been? I've been off the road for a few weeks to get transmission replaced (don't get me started, 13 months and 4 days from date of purchase, new)...picking it up in a few hours from dealership in Holland, MI. Trying to decide whether to go back in service or drive it home for the weekend and start fresh Sunday or Monday
We've been runing E-W out of Chi town, last weekend we were loaded Fri with a Mon drop.
Good luck with the new Trany.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Perioodic, I forgot you're Eastern European. Didn't mean to offend. OTOH, I don't believe you're here on the 6-month plan :)

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Well at least it sounds like your getting a shot at the freight. I'm getting scraps, Was told to sit tight in Toledo after a dry run, well now at home, properly for the weekend now. This week Toledo has given me 2 empty trips home. That's just sad.
In all fairness I did get a offer with a pick-up on my 8th hour (70+ miles away) going to Milwaukee,
No sleep built into the load, so I get a turn down and dispatch gets away with another illegal load offer. And to think I stated earlier in the week things could be looking up. Boy was I wrong again.

What all those illegal loads are going to come to a complete and sucking standstill because people can't make up their minds once electronic logs become mandated and we have no choice but to turn down stuff. I've actually been sitting for nine hours so far today waiting for someone to make up their mind about what you're doing on three different jobs needless to say I haven't gotten a single one of them and I'm just gonna head back home it's Friday

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Yup went home crappy week is over

Last edited:
Reactions: hazmat