It's a Team's Life
Tips and Tricks to keep your truck and freight safe
Drive with your lights on
Use Flashers when backing
Don’t park beside the road and become a sitting duck; park in a legal parking spot
Wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) when outside of the truck to be seen
Don’t drive by the seat of your pants have a plan on where you are going to fuel and if loading or unloading at a new location use a satellite view to look at the property to see where the docks are located.
Whoever calls first wins…. What a crazy comment until I learned about this scam.
A truck backs in beside you and they scrape their trailer on your mirror. Your mirror is fine but their trailer is scratched. They leave and stop on other side of truck stop and call the police and accuse you of scraping their trailer.
· Have a recording camera that shows the movement of the other truck
· Call your company first and report the incident even if is seem trifling
· Your ELD shows that you have not moved
Don’t be predictable
· Go into the truck stop in one door and go out a different door
· When going in for a shower walk to the back of your truck, go down a couple of trucks, and then walk to the front of those trucks and go inside
· If a team do the same - go into the building at separate times
Bob & Linda Caffee
Saint Louis MO
Expediters since January 2005
Expediting isn't just trucking, it's a lifestyle;
Expediting isn't just a lifestyle, it's an adventure;
Expediting isn't just an adventure, it's a job;
Expediting isn't just a job, it's a business.