It's a Team's Life
Forty-one years ago, we were still in high school with big plans of being grown-up and sailing off into the sunset with each other. Then we got married…. Then life got real …
Hard to drive off into the sunset when you don’t have two pennies to rub together and can’t afford the gas. Our first few years of being married was a wakeup call that being out on our own was not as exciting as we thought it would be. No more did we have our parents telling us what to do we had to do it ourselves. It was a hard-quick lesson on everything we did not know that now we had to take care of. We muddled through as we watched our friends leave for college or going partying each weekend. The lesson was “what does not break us only makes us stronger”.
One of the lessons we learned was that when getting married young there are not may crowds we fit into so we turned to each other for company and support. We have done some crazy things over the past 41 years and we are not done trying something new.
· We raced Odysseys for several years on road courses around the country. Bob and I each had our own car and we raced against each other.
· We got into Hang Gliding in Kansas…. We would launch off of the back of a pickup with Bob going solo and I was always tandem.
· We were avid Trap Shooters and spent a lot of time on the road going to Trap Shoots
· We had our own diesel repair service. We worked nights and weekends after our 9 – 5 jobs
· We had a lawn care service
· Left our full-time jobs to enter the world of trucking as drivers
· Found the wonderful world of Expediting and became owner-operators
· Working part-time for an IndyCar Team as tractor-trailer drivers
Do WE have a plan for the future? Keep enjoying life and saving for a time when we will need to slow down and reflect on what a fun and crazy life we have had. On top of all that we raised two amazing daughters that have grown into our best friends.
Bob & Linda Caffee
Saint Louis MO
Expediters since January 2005
Expediting isn't just trucking, it's a lifestyle;
Expediting isn't just a lifestyle, it's an adventure;
Expediting isn't just an adventure, it's a job;
Expediting isn't just a job, it's a business.