It's a Team's Life
FMCSA Truck Leasing Task Force
The Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) the formation of the Truck Leasing Task Force (TLTF) and the nine members that make up the task force. This task force will provide best practices on evaluating a truck lease. They will also be making recommendation to change current or new laws that will better protect the driver who will be getting into a leased truck. The main focus of the TLTF is make sure that drives get a fair lease agreement.
“At a time when our country needs truck drivers more than ever, we must do everything we can to support the men and women who work in this vital industry,” said U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg. “The Truck Leasing Task Force is taking a hard look at leasing agreements as part of our effort to ensure every truck driver in this country has good working conditions and can make a good living.”
Most drivers get started doing a lease agreement in becoming an owner/operator. The nine members of the TLTF represent the following industries: labor organizations, motor carriers, consumer protection groups, owner-operators, attorneys and educators.
Here is a list of the nine members:
· Tamara Brock, Brock Logistics, LLC and Lewis & Lewis Logistics, LLC (Independent Owner-Operator)
· Paul Cullen, The Cullen Law Firm, PLLC (Attorney)
· Troy Hawkins, TTOH Consulting & Logistics, LLC (Independent Owner-Operator)
· Jim Jefferson, Owner-Operator Independent Driver Association (Consumer Protection)
· Joshua Krause, OTR Leasing, LLC (Business)
· Kaitlyn Long, International Brotherhood of Teamsters (Labor Organization)
· Steve Rush, Carbon Express Inc. (Carrier)
· Lesley Tse, Animal Defense Partnership, Inc. (Attorney)
· Steve Viscelli, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania (Economic Sociologist)
It will be interesting to follow the TLTF and see what recommendations they put forward. Then what action the FMCSA and law makes take on those recommendations.
Sandy & Stephen
We’re Burning Daylight - “Wil Anderson” (The Cowboys) John Wayne