Youtube

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why are we playing an I do better than you game. One person can be just as happy and have just as full filled life at 400.00 dollars a week as someone else might at a 1000.00 a week.

In the end all that matters is a person being happy and feeling fullfilled with where they are at in life. One of the problems in this world today is people comparing themselves to the next person.

Do what works for you and those close to you and stop wondering who has more skills or makes more money. After all in the end does it really matter?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Averaging 2800 miles a week? Maybe in one of my dreams I had. But I said when I was moving? And I pay myself 41cpm. So, when im moving,Im making more then you:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Well I see what your saying but you arent accounting for taxes and bennies either. Hey if it works for you thats awesome Im just saying i couldnt make it work if I were to try the cv thing. I just know consistently im avg 3k a week. Some weeks 2900 and some weeks like last week i ran 3581 so it avgs out to about 3000 miles a week. I am satisfied because the way we run the 34 hr reset regs dont affect me and the new 30 minute break isnt gonna hurt me either.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Why are we playing an I do better than you game. One person can be just as happy and have just as full filled life at 400.00 dollars a week as someone else might at a 1000.00 a week.

In the end all that matters is a person being happy and feeling fullfilled with where they are at in life. One of the problems in this world today is people comparing themselves to the next person.

Do what works for you and those close to you and stop wondering who has more skills or makes more money. After all in the end does it really matter?

We arent comparing each other giggi just speaking of what works for me just as wvcourier expressed what works for him. As for skills again I am not saying you guys dont have skills as im sure you would kick my azz in a thumb war contest but do you think you could blind side alley dock a 53 footer in downtown pittsburg at 4 pm? I am just stating it takes a different skill set to do what we do.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Im happy, aslong as im not being compared with Soccer moms and Mcdonalds employees. I feel good about my situation .

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Oil

Its a skill when you hang around and are making money(I am doing quite well actually, and when im moving im probably making more then half the TT on the road) it is a skill to hang around when the turnovet rate is 85% in first year...um how long did you make it expediting in a C/V...not very long I assume. And I can almost guarantee, the one scraping by at mcdonalds, ect..probabably hate their job, so your comparisons are void.

I'm sure the McDonald's worker likes their job less since they have to work harder. Wow an 85% turnover rate, that is about half the rate for TT companies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Im happy, aslong as im not being compared with Soccer moms and Mcdonalds employees. I feel very good about my situation .

It is a valid comparison of the skill required, soccer moms drive vans and transport things from point A to point B. Their freight requires more attention than yours and it is time sensitive. If your happy with your situation then be happy with it and don't worry about being compared to a burger flipper or soccer mom.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I'm sure the McDonald's worker likes their job less since they have to work harder. Wow an 85% turnover rate, that is about half the rate for TT companies.

Last edited:

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Oil

Its a skill when you hang around and are making money(I am doing quite well actually, and when im moving im probably making more then half the TT on the road) it is a skill to hang around when the turnovet rate is 85% in first year...um how long did you make it expediting in a C/V...not very long I assume. And I can almost guarantee, the one scraping by at mcdonalds, ect..probabably hate their job, so your comparisons are void.

Okay I see there is no one that want to place videos. I will find out when it my time go. I am happy that this is open to all about putting your expediter truck online in a video. I had CDL I don't have one now but I am going to a school next year. The new HOS rules I am still reading about. The main thing that might kill it for me is I have put on a lot of weight. I wonder if I would have are any problem of being over weight. Thanks from Linda and Micheal....

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any modern smartphone shoots HD video.

Call me old-fashioned--- and maybe a bit practical here. You either have to hold your Smartphone while taking a "selfie"-- which is not a good idea while you're driving-- or have a team so your co-driver can hold the device. I'm out here driving alone, so the only way a Smartphone camera can get me into the video is if I do a "selfie". I prefer the traditional mounted camera for a reason in this case.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Window mount, vent mount, dash mount. Plenty of options for not holding it in your hand.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just out of curiosity, I looked up "expedited van" on You tube. MXzane came up on top, so I decided to look at his explanation of what he does. He's got three videos that I know about, saw one of them, he does a fair job of explaining what he does.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
You pocket 1/3 of what, $.70 cpm? I would have to say your assumption of making more than many company drivers in a t/t is very far fetched. My pay is $.40 cpm running 3000 miles a week. I have taxes witheld and insurance and still pocket $900 a week. Now im kindof a dummy but im going to go out on a limb here and say you arent getting 3k miles every week in a cv. And i know panther vans are running at $.70 cpm plus $.24 fsc. Im going to be generous by saying you average 2800 miles a week at $.94 so its $2632 before fuel,taxes and other expenses. 1/3 of that is $877 and you are living in a tin can. You can have that.

Van life is really recreational driving as quoted by others in here. Small investment, ease of movement, low maintenance, etc. It is a good divergence after retirement from the 9 to 5 job where you can see the country, make alittle money, and use your retirement pension to fill in the voids of downtime( movies, sightseeing, and so on. ) Do it for a couple of years and see the USA.

Turnover is huge in this business, just like trucking, most do not last more than 2 years and some last over 10, but that is rare in a van. I would guess some will split hairs over these statements...........................

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Van life is really recreational driving as quoted by others in here. Small investment, ease of movement, low maintenance, etc. It is a good divergence after retirement from the 9 to 5 job where you can see the country, make alittle money, and use your retirement pension to fill in the voids of downtime( movies, sightseeing, and so on. ) Do it for a couple of years and see the USA.

Turnover is huge in this business, just like trucking, most do not last more than 2 years and some last over 10, but that is rare in a van. I would guess some will split hairs over these statements...........................

Why wait until retirement to get paid to see the country?

Last edited:

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Window mount, vent mount, dash mount. Plenty of options for not holding it in your hand.

I turn mine on and duct tape it to my forehead, so it sees just what I see. Works good, but getting the sticky tape stuff out of my hair is making me go bald.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1372119992.882181.jpg u can do this and mount a self stick mirror to the side window on an angle and talk at the same time while recording scenery and then when you get pulled over at a scale you can record the inspections!

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Okay I seen the video that was a good one. I was happy to find it thanks for the help.
from Linda and Micheal

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm all for safety. My motto is: "There is no I in wheel chock." I guess there is an "eye" in wheel chock if you include the eye-bolt for the tether. When I am talking or shooting video while driving down the road I always use the UChockPhone.

Attachments

• Chock Phone.jpg
    Chock Phone.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 15