Your Sandbox,Your Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
The problem is NOT the views someone espouses. We have many here with strong views.. most of which disagree with me over one thing or another LOL. The problem is when someone is inactive long enough that the SYSTEM sends them a 'inactive poster' email.. ie, they post twice a year, and it's only to start a fight, and then sit back and watch the fun.

The problem is I don't see any desire to join in and be an actively contributing member..... just sayin!

Dale

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm pretty sure he's quit for the last time at least once or twice before. He'll be back in a few weeks/months.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No..conservatives don't like a good debate...they like to win at all costs.....
Not necessarily so - I've always wondered why liberals who strongly defend and support their positions in a debate / argument are "passionate" while conservatives who do likewise are "angry". It seems to me that the political spectrum is pretty well represented in here, but it would stand to reason that there are more conservatives and moderates (with a libertarian or two mixed in) because most everyone is an entrepreneur that works hard to support themselves and their families. Considering that they believe it's their right to do this without govt interference, it should be no surprise most of them are patriotic and appreciate the rights afforded by our constitution and the freedoms it allows.

There doesn't seem to be any problems with anyone - liberal, moderate, conservative - who makes reasonable arguments and supports their positions with logic and facts. But when some drive-by poster pops in with a bunch of snotty comments, name-calling and gratuitous assertions (aka trolling) it should come as no surprise to see strong objections from the regular participants. The irony of the whole thing is that in doing so, this particular poster was guilty of the very same transgression for which he was disparaging Rush Limbaugh and his wife, whom he knows nothing about - why drag her into it anyway? Turtle pegged it correctly - it's TROLLING and there's no reason to tolerate it in this or any other forum.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not necessarily so - I've always wondered why liberals who strongly defend and support their positions in a debate / argument are "passionate" while conservatives who do likewise are "angry". It seems to me that the political spectrum is pretty well represented in here, but it would stand to reason that there are more conservatives and moderates (with a libertarian or two mixed in) because most everyone is an entrepreneur that works hard to support themselves and their families. Considering that they believe it's their right to do this without govt interference, it should be no surprise most of them are patriotic and appreciate the rights afforded by our constitution and the freedoms it allows.

There doesn't seem to be any problems with anyone - liberal, moderate, conservative - who makes reasonable arguments and supports their positions with logic and facts. But when some drive-by poster pops in with a bunch of snotty comments, name-calling and gratuitous assertions (aka trolling) it should come as no surprise to see strong objections from the regular participants. The irony of the whole thing is that in doing so, this particular poster was guilty of the very same transgression for which he was disparaging Rush Limbaugh and his wife, whom he knows nothing about - why drag her into it anyway? Turtle pegged it correctly - it's TROLLING and there's no reason to tolerate it in this or any other forum.
I agreed with everything you said except the part about Rush.....But Rush isn't the topic here

It was trolling....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dale
The mechanics of the site has nothing to do with it, it is the manner it was done that bothers me. If one is to expect to maintain a certian level of acceptance and have to be reintroduced into the community by a standard that is set by individual mods, then this site will grow worthless very fast. As he pointed out and others for that manner the forum was specifically setup for the purpose he used it for, to give an opinion based on his political feelings and observations but it was judged to be something unacceptable by a few.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dale
The mechanics of the site has nothing to do with it, it is the manner it was done that bothers me. If one is to expect to maintain a certian level of acceptance and have to be reintroduced into the community by a standard that is set by individual mods, then this site will grow worthless very fast. As he pointed out and others for that manner the forum was specifically setup for the purpose he used it for, to give an opinion based on his political feelings and observations but it was judged to be something unacceptable by a few.

There are no 'individual mods' setting standards. You are way off base with that one.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Joe, get real. I would suggest you start reading what happened.

No need to reply Dale, I'm not returning to this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.