Your/Our Freedoms are dwindling...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think we covered this, but someone can correct me.

Not my freedoms, this is a Canadian issue not one for the US, and it is a foreign country to begin with, so again it doesn't affect us.

youngsamuel

Seasoned Expediter
I wonder if there is a loophole for having the window rolled down. At that point it is no longer an enclosed space. A lawyer might have fun with that. A little discretion might have been used in writing the citation.

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Don't worry, it will affect us if Obama's health plan goes in to effect.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Greg,

I think the point is...we all know it's rolling south of the border -from that foreign country.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Lawrence,
It seems that many are making a big deal about it but those same truckers complain about the speed limiter law and other Canadian issues without understanding that it is indeed a foreign country.

Yes I think it will hit our shores, nope... stop....make that already hit our shores with the idea that we must do things for the children - from the type of car seat to what you feed them to what we expose them to. These things didn't come from Canada, but are bred right here in our left/far right coast and with this idea that the children are more important than the rights we all live with.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg,

I think the point is...we all know it's rolling south of the border -from that foreign country.

Don't blame us for what you have now...we didn't elect him;) We still have a Conservative at the helm (a good one at that!)

I'm waiting to see the whole story, was this just an over zelous stupid cop or was the driver being an idiot and the cop did what cops do when you are an idiot to them.

Either way it is a pretty dumb interpretation of the law and if the driver fights it (and I think the CTA has said they will on his behalf) it will surely get thrown out. The spin up here so far is the cop was way out of line handing this one out.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Not my freedoms, this is a Canadian issue not one for the US, and it is a foreign country to begin with, so again it doesn't affect us.
I would be guessing that you don't run up north then ...

Some of us do though ...... :rolleyes:

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I would be guessing that you don't run up north then ...

Some of us do though ...... :rolleyes:

The smoking law doesn't apply to drivers not based in Ontario . But the speed limiter law does . Have you noticed how many Canadian truckers blow past you when you're doing the 60 m.p.h. limit in MI ? I was in a line of vehicles doing the 80 km/h speed limit in a construction zone on the 402 and several trucks passed in the left lane as they went by 2 OPP sitting next to each other in the median . How many vehicles pass you when you observe the speed limit dropping to 80 km/h , 70 km/h , then 50 km/h as you approach the Blue Water Bridge ? The OPP could easily write hundreds of tickets in that area if they were interested in enforcing the law .

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those type of laws are HERE already.....In Iowa you can't smoke outside your car/truck in a rest area....the signs say you must be in an enclosed vehicle....."enclosed" would mean windows up....

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Lawrence,
It seems that many are making a big deal about it but those same truckers complain about the speed limiter law and other Canadian issues without understanding that it is indeed a foreign country.

Yes I think it will hit our shores, nope... stop....make that already hit our shores with the idea that we must do things for the children - from the type of car seat to what you feed them to what we expose them to. These things didn't come from Canada, but are bred right here in our left/far right coast and with this idea that the children are more important than the rights we all live with.

Greg,

Okay - I can agree with the above.