You can keep your plan

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not really sure where that difference is compared to what we have. Although we don't have Blue Cross. It is Humana.

They are making it as clear as mud on purpose. We are waiting to hear from Humana. My wife just talked to an independent that handles them yesterday. She said that they have plans but not as inexpensive or as comprehensive as what we have now. We shall see. My wife's current plan is multi-state. We have had occasion to use it out of state without a problem.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The old plans from Humana which we are on aren't available now because of Obomercare.
We have a good plan with one caveat. Ours carries a high deductible but that is ok for us as we use a HSA with this plan so no pain with the deductible.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The old plans from Humana which we are on aren't available now because of Obomercare.
We have a good plan with one caveat. Ours carries a high deductible but that is ok for us as we use a HSA with this plan so no pain with the deductible.

Ours WAS a $2500 deductible that was tied to a HSA. It provided instant benefit. Money off DR visits, so many preventative care things, drug discounts. Also, all co-pays etc counted towards the deductible. All new plans we looked the co-pays etc don't count. Neither do drugs. To see benefit under the new plans we would have to pay the premiums and 100% of the deductible, before we see any use from the insurance. In other words, we would pay and pay and likely NEVER see any benefit.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That isn't good if you can't use the coverage. Sadly, that will be the case for many. Anything we spend goes towards the deductible. We use the HSA for that. But there is no co-pay or anything like that.
As for prescriptions, under ACA, I think some are covered if they are preventive. Ours aren't but since we have the clinic they are free.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That isn't good if you can't use the coverage. Sadly, that will be the case for many. Anything we spend goes towards the deductible. We use the HSA for that. But there is no co-pay or anything like that.

We had co-pays that we paid straight out, but they counted towards the deductible. We too used the HSA to cover the co-pays and we also kept the $2500 in there in case of emergency. After the deductible was met it covered 100%. It was an affordable, usable plan. It suited our needs perfectly. Now, we are at a loss. Our congressman says he is doing what he can. Our senators will not answer our emails.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We had co-pays that we paid straight out, but they counted towards the deductible. We too used the HSA to cover the co-pays and we also kept the $2500 in there in case of emergency. After the deductible was met it covered 100%. It was an affordable, usable plan. It suited our needs perfectly. Now, we are at a loss. Our congressman says he is doing what he can. Our senators will not answer our emails.

I guess at this point it depends on whether they let people keep existing plans. That would be good in your situation.
Bad news for Obamacare as that wrinkles the fabric of the whole plan.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess at this point it depends on whether they let people keep existing plans. That would be good in your situation.
Bad news for Obamacare as that wrinkles the fabric of the whole plan.

What it boils down too is whether or not they care about providing affordable health care, OR, controlling the people. I doubt the care at all what happens to anyone if they gain the power I believe that they covet. Only time will tell.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Last year: "If you like your Senate rules, you can keep them." - Harry Reid

The democrats do a lot of that sort of thing.