You are Safer Tonight Because...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Our Homeland Security Agency and the Attorney Generals officce working hand in hand to keep America Safe....Or protecting corp. Profit??? You choose...I mean where do these people get this power???

Oh i forgot ICE was involved in this too...

Feds seize sports websites before Super Bowl

By JENNIFER MARTINEZ |
2/2/11 12:53 PM EST Updated: 2/2/11 5:19 PM EST
Feds seize sports websites before Super Bowl - Jennifer Martinez - POLITICO.com

From the link above:

The federal government launched a similar campaign last November that shut down 82 websites offering counterfeit goods and digital music and movie content. U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and ICE Director John Morton had warned that the two agencies were committed to going after more websites that offer copyrighted content illegally.
Morton repeated that message during Wednesday’s operation.

“This swift action by our Homeland Security Investigations New York special agents and analysts sends a clear message to website operators who mistakenly believe it’s worth the risk to take copyrighted programming and portray it as their own,” Morton said. “We will continue to aggressively investigate this type of crime with our law enforcement partners.”

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yha ,well ICE have to make sure that all those illegals immigrants pay per view ,,,
and the feds gets their taxes...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
well I feel that any sports organization that enjoys an anti-trust protection by congress has to give up a bit of their profits to support the country, this goes for the NFL and Baseball. The same goes for public insitutions of higher learning where they receive public funding, the public should own the rights to the property of the team in the way of symbols, trademarks and so on.

BUT with that said, you may notice ICE vehicles scattered along I75 from the Ohio border up to Port Huron and even along some parts of I69 - all seem to be looking for something. ICE units have been involved with police operations in Detroit and the 'burbs but this is not exclusive to SE michigan, it seems to be happening all over the country in subtle ways. Makes you wonder.