WOW! Good Buy on Cargo Van!

MSinger

Expert Expediter
That is a good deal, indeed. In fact if I had ANY freight to haul I would consider buying it!!!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nawwww Ark your Mistaken, FORD, Freakin old rebuilt Dodge, and thats a great deal on the Chevy, hmmmmm how would I explain that to my Wife??

Last edited:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Tha's darn tempting. I have some possibilities for some local contracts and my wife has said she would do some local driving if I could find the work. If I get a couple contracts nailed down it might be worth it.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
There are always reasons why a seller is willing to accept less than fair market value for an item in their possession and so if I was looking to purchase this van I'd want to ensure that a mechanical issue is not one of those reasons... starting with an engine compression test.

martin9562

Seasoned Expediter
There are always reasons why a seller is willing to accept less than fair market value for an item in their possession and so if I was looking to purchase this van I'd want to ensure that a mechanical issue is not one of those reasons... starting with an engine compression test.

Paul, i have just had enough of the expediting game, becuase just lately to me thats what it seems to be. i can earn similar amouts of money driving for someone else, not have to worry about running up a credit card bill and such like.
Of late i have driven for both Panther and Bolt and, Panther seem to have too many vehicles and too many procedures,for me , and the way they have done the new boards it just was not any good for me, especially where i live. i am 32 miles from knoxville but i only appear on the white pine TN board which is shown as 37 miles away, you tell me where you think the loads are coming from.
And as for Bolt they spend all day taking loads from Panther (and others) that the Blk Cat cant get covered, or maybe they just dont want to pay there drivers for, but Bolt with there % based pay system have lots of miles but when you get paid 58% of 95% it to is not that great, especially considering the cost of fuel and so on.
But rest assured Paul this van runs as sweet as the day it came off the line, I am sorry that i am giving up expediting, i loved the independence of it, but maybe it just was not for me.
But if you think maybe i should raise the price on it, if that would help, anyone who wants to pay me $24000+ you would be warmly welcomed, hell i would even bring it to your front door for you.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This appears to be a good price. The only problem I have is that the 2500 series' GVWR is 2000 pounds less than a comparable 3500 series. In expediting I prefer the 3500 for its extra carrying capacity.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
It's still a helluva deal.
The car I drive is a Ford....
The car I own is a Chevy.....Thoughts to ponder:D
90 Chevy Camaro RS

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
A week or so ago I posted this in the newbies forum in response to the post (can anyone help me with a new career) The above van for sale is exactly why I responded the way I did.

This was my response.
Re: anyone help me with new career

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I just don't understand something here. There has been post after post about how the expediting field is just saturated with vans, drivers either deadheading all over the place looking for loads or sitting days on end in a parking lot somewhere praying for a load and not getting those prayers answered, talking about how much it's costing them to be out here with nothing or not much coming back in and about to lose everything because for some reason they thought they were going to be the exception and just make easy money hand over fist and see the country. You all say your reading but apparently your not all comprehending. Yeah I know your different and you have a plan. So let me suggest that you buy an 08' chevy express 1 ton extended with a high top, because I'm looking to upgrade soon and when yours gets repo'ed I might be able to get a good deal.

Yeah I know I'm being a smart ass here but I'm trying to drive home a point here. I don't think I can make it much clearer. Well yeah I could but you probably wouldn't want to hear that either.

Best of luck,
Fr8 Shaker

p.s.
for a new career might want to think wallpaper and paint.

MSinger

Expert Expediter

I would hope that the warranty would cover any mechanical issues on a 2007 with only 34,000 miles.

martin9562

Seasoned Expediter
your right in what you say, when i teamed with my wife in a straight truck things were great, but then we were driving for an owner with approx 20 vehicles, as a single owner NONE of the companies really worry to much about you, because they can replace 1 van or truck anytime they want or need, if they lose 20 vehicles in 1 go then they might have a few problems replacing them for a day or two, because we all know the companies are starting orientation every week and with some twice a week.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
I think you are just keeping it real. I think we can both agree that it is a good buy.

Yes Lawrence , I agree it's a good buy, I'd just like to see someone with some experience in this field buy it as an upgrade then a newbie buy it and sell it again. It's just my opinion that this isn't the time right now to start in the business. Maybe when things pick up and run steady for a while.