Worst Bottleneck Road You've Seen....

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Every frickin where it seemed all summer! Never seen so much damn construction going on all at once. Election year? Where'd all the $ come from all at once? And why do they block off 20 mile sections to work on 200 ft. a day. THEN they leave the reduced speed limit signs up after they're all done and long gone!
I can't see many of these projects being done before the snow flies and with as many more accidents I've seen people are gonna die in these zones....the way some of these idiots are driving crazy lately...frustrated..mad.
I won't even do the island or east coast now with rates the way they are. I vote GW bridge.

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
The worst place I consistently encounter is I-75 in Cincinnati. There's always a wreck or vast amounts of traffic on that stretch from the Ohio River to I-275.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would have to say one of biggest area's is Hampton roads Va, east and west 64 from Williamsburg , va
then 64/264 Norfolk, va to Virginia beach, va, 664
also 495/95 around Washington DC area
problem is people only know one way to go somewhere , need to learn more than one way

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
For everyday Bottlenecks I run across would be I-75 in both in Michigan and that place they call Ohio.
Mich would be the ramps on I-75 for thru traffic in (Detroit) both directions where thru traffic is reduced to 25mph with no acceleration ramp on one of the lanes, inside lane coming off the ramp goes/meets directly into other flowing traffic.
Ohio, Hands down its Dayton/Cincinnati, and for the rest of Ohio..Well what can I say its Ohio and Toledo has really been getting under my skin lately. :(
(Use to run the GWB and even I -80/94 in Chicago but since leaving TsT I no longer have to worry about either one of those)

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Hands down it has to be the George Washington bridge and chuckhole garbage road! ! Worst part is we have to pay big dollars to enjoy that mess!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Any where any time in Hotlanta. I crawl through that place way too often.:( At least crossing the GWB affords you great vistas, as long as you don't tailend the vehicle in front of you!

Stay safe
KG