Wondering

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Has anyone driven through a city listening to local radio and have an business add come on, just as you
pass a bill board with the same add on it?? Happened to me twice.. Freaky!!

Reactions: Moot

bolter82

Expert Expediter
no but I was watching a video of a train as a train was rumbling by....kept looking at the screen....even turned the volume down to see if it really was on the computer...it wasn't...lol

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wondering ...... ? Wondering, what? If you should stop hitting those medicine shops on your trips through Colorado?
I'll answer that ...... YES!

Reactions: Ragman and Hamman77

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
no but I was watching a video of a train as a train was rumbling by....kept looking at the screen....even turned the volume down to see if it really was on the computer...it wasn't...lol
Bolter82,
Good thing you weren't watching a movie about steam trains, wondering if you would of smelled coal smoke?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I keep expecting advertisers to invest in license plate reader technology, so their billboards can target specific vehicles passing by. Like "Hey, Joe Blow: you need some brighter fog lights, and we got 'em! On sale!!"
It's only science fiction till it happens, eh?

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
I keep expecting advertisers to invest in license plate reader technology, so their billboards can target specific vehicles passing by. Like "Hey, Joe Blow: you need some brighter fog lights, and we got 'em! On sale!!"
It's only science fiction till it happens, eh?

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Cheri1122,
Could be license plate readers or some kind of GPS tracking system to spot commercials right to you. It
might not be that far away! Look at all the innovations now that once were "science fiction", wow...

Reactions: gotto_03801

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Stores do it already, with RFDs that 'read' your cellphone....I have a real antipathy for what advertising has become, as opposed to it's original function: to inform. The less people like it, the more intrusive [and distracting] it becomes.
But then, I'm old enough to remember watching a 30 minute tv show with commercials only at beginning & end, lol.
PS Reading really old science fiction 'predictions' is always a hoot! For everything they got right, they were so far off on some, it's hilarious.

Reactions: Greg

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Cheri1122,
I'm old enough to remember: $0.32/gal of gas; 3 channels on a B/W TV; no internet ; 8 track tape players and party phone lines and no sex on TV!!

Reactions: wimpy007

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle,
Do you know what program first showed him/ her in the same bed??
If by "him/ her" you mean Ricky and Lucy, no I don't. But I do know that the very first sitcom, Mary Kay and Johnny (1947-1950), had the newly married couple sleeping in the same bed from the very first show.

I also know that the house the Brady Bunch lived in didn't have a toilet in the bathroom, even though Beaver Cleaver's house did.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cheri1122,
I'm old enough to remember: $0.32/gal of gas; 3 channels on a B/W TV; no internet ; 8 track tape players and party phone lines and no sex on TV!!

I can't remember gas prices [never had to pay for it, lol], but I remember green stamps, snow on the B&W TV [in spite of the rabbit ears], banks that gave you stuff like small appliances for opening an account [with $5.00, lol], and having just one phone, with a curly cord that was 75 ft long, so you could go in another room with it.
And eating TV dinners on tray tables in the living room - we thought that was the height of cool! :D

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't remember gas prices [never had to pay for it, lol], but I remember green stamps, snow on the B&W TV [in spite of the rabbit ears], banks that gave you stuff like small appliances for opening an account [with $5.00, lol], and having just one phone, with a curly cord that was 75 ft long, so you could go in another room with it.
And eating TV dinners on tray tables in the living room - we thought that was the height of cool! :D

I still have the phone with a dial, not push buttons.
images

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Yeah, also remember our TV came with a "remote"...me, drinking out of a garden hose, having to be home at nite before the street lites came on..And you could work on pre- computer cars w/o a electrical degree..
[QUOTE="Hamman77, post: 732206,

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
If by "him/ her" you mean Ricky and Lucy, no I don't. But I do know that the very first sitcom, Mary Kay and Johnny (1947-1950), had the newly married couple sleeping in the same bed from the very first show.

I also know that the house the Brady Bunch lived in didn't have a toilet in the bathroom, even though Beaver Cleaver's house