Will We Get Out of New Orleans?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We have a load to New Orleans. Never been there before. Is there any activity there? Or should we just deadhead out of there?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
See what your layover choices are and how many trucks are in the Express Centers.

We as an Express truck with our clearances have done fine out of that area.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
We have always gotten good loads out of that area. (Surface C unit 22' box no liftgate). All but one pick-up was west between new Orleans and Baton Rouge. Do be careful however our truck was broken into with me still in it...the guy got away with my triangles which are kept behind the drivers seat and almost got the fire extinguisher.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We do fairly well out of there too. We head for the Pilot near Baton Rouge. The one that has a nice new Bass Pro Shop near it!! :D:D

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
We do fairly well out of there too. We head for the Pilot near Baton Rouge. The one that has a nice new Bass Pro Shop near it!! :D:D

I believe the TRUTHFUL response is that you head for the Bass Pro Shop near Baton Rouge. The one that has the Pilot near it!...Am I wrong? :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who? Me? LOL!! In reality I have never even been in that Bass Pro Shop, (one of the few I have not been in) we are never there long enough to go!!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks for the advice. We got a good paying load to Kansas about 30 minutes after we delivered and then got a predispatch out of Kansas.
We were worried because we had never been there and had just made the mistake of going to Denver where there were already 9 trucks.Had to take a relocate to Elk Grove to get out of there after 3 days of no opps.
We also got stuck in Phoneix for 3 days and New Braunfels for 4 but the month still turned out good thanks to a couiple of weekend runs.