Cargo Van Will we be able to work through Coronavirus?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dr. Anthony Fauci says there should be a stay-at-home order for the ENTIRE country

reaper.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got home last Thursday night. I went OOS for a few hours Friday morning to get a DOT Inspection on my van. Since then I have had only one load. It was an airfreight, 154 miles from MSP to a refinery. I did get a paid empty move back home. The freight was one pallet of masks.
View attachment 19961View attachment 19962
I want some of that.

Reactions: muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The rubbing alcohol in that picture is like gold to me right now.
How much do you want? One 32 oz. bottle has about 8oz. and the other bottle is full. I will deliver one or both directly to your door. Currently the price of gold is hovering around $1650/ounce. For longtime E.O. members I will deliver directly for only $1200/ounce. P.M. me with your credit card number number, real name, delivery address and amount in ounces you wish to purchase. I also have about a liter of genuine raicilla from Jalisco, Mexico to clean your inards.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trevor Noah is not funny. He's never even been in the same room with funny.
That video is amusing, because those kinds of blatantly one-sided clip collections usually are, but where's the video showing the liberal media saying the same things?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
There are videos showing liberal media saying the same thing. But don't even feel like posting it right now.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As Ed Harris so eloquently said in Apollo 13,

"Let's work the problem, people."

"I don't care what something is designed to do, I want to know what it can do."

These are wise words for any crisis. Guessing, blaming... none of that helps, it isn't productive. You have to focus on, and work the problem. In this crisis, same as most others, the problem isn't who said what when, the problem is the virus and how to deal with it. Everything that is said or done that isn't focused on the problem is time-wasting, distracting bull§hit.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I heard a doctor today saying he's more optimistic about the antiviral therapies that they're working on than he is of the vaccine. Compared it with what they did with AIDS regarding the therapy medicines they created.
Would also like to see that antibody test asap, once they get the accuracy of it tight.
That would help with the plasma treatment.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The plasma treatment won't be a widespread treatment. That will only be used on the most dire cases. But the anti viral treatments are probably going to be the ticket. Chloroquine looks like it's helping to tamp down on the body's response, which is what's really killing people, but there's at least one treatment that coats the little spikes on the virus that prevents if from grabbing onto and entering a cell, which is the same as not letting out infect people in the first place. Until we get a vaccine, something like that is probably going to be the game changer.

But, they're are thousands of people working on many different things, and some of them are going to work. And sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The plasma treatment won't be a widespread treatment. That will only be used on the most dire cases. But the anti viral treatments are probably going to be the ticket. Chloroquine looks like it's helping to tamp down on the body's response, which is what's really killing people, but there's at least one treatment that coats the little spikes on the virus that prevents if from grabbing onto and entering a cell, which is the same as not letting out infect people in the first place. Until we get a vaccine, something like that is probably going to be the game changer.

But, they're are thousands of people working on many different things, and some of them are going to work. And sooner rather than later.
This article hits on some of those antiviral treatments potentially in the pipeline.
[/URL]

Reactions: Turtle

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As Ed Harris so eloquently said in Apollo 13,

"Let's work the problem, people."

"I don't care what something is designed to do, I want to know what it can do."

These are wise words for any crisis. Guessing, blaming... none of that helps, it isn't productive. You have to focus on, and work the problem. In this crisis, same as most others, the problem isn't who said what when, the problem is the virus and how to deal with it. Everything that is said or done that isn't focused on the problem is time-wasting, distracting bull§hit.

Tales from the treehouse ...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is any expediter actually having problems with the quarantine in their personal life?

Having done this since 2006, I'm not. Seems like nothing has changed. The only issues I see are picking up car repair parts but they've got curbside pickup now, that's an improvement in my mind.

So - I never leave the house anyway when I get back, I see enough on delivery. My income is random and erratic. I'm down 90% in revenue, but that happens several times a year anyway. Still enough to live on, as an expediter I tend to avoid payments or financing.

Are we the most prepared group of people I wonder...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is any expediter actually having problems with the quarantine in their personal life?
Not really. I tend to sit outside the convenience store (or wherever) if there are too many people in there. The numbnut customers at the QT in Wichita are all acting like there's no virus issue.

I had to go to the Post Office to get a stamped envelope to mail in the rebate stuff for the BlueParrott I bought the other day. Big Post Office near the pickup in Wichita, but it was so crowded you could almost see the coronavirus hanging in the air. I went to a Post Office along the way to the delivery in a town who's population was 237. The Postmaster lady and me were the only ones in there.

Delivered a load this morning over near Dodge City and the guy at the delivery wouldn't come closer than 10 feet, wouldn't sign the BOL, told me to sign it, and absolutely did not want a copy of the BOL. That's the way you do it.

For the most part when I'm not in the van in wearing an N95 mask.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not really. I tend to sit outside the convenience store (or wherever) if there are too many people in there. The numbnut customers at the QT in Wichita are all acting like there's no virus issue.

I had to go to the Post Office to get a stamped envelope to mail in the rebate stuff for the BlueParrott I bought the other day. Big Post Office near the pickup in Wichita, but it was so crowded you could almost see the coronavirus hanging in the air. I went to a Post Office along the way to the delivery in a town who's population was 237. The Postmaster lady and me were the only ones in there.

Delivered a load this morning over near Dodge City and the guy at the delivery wouldn't come closer than 10 feet, wouldn't sign the BOL, told me to sign it, and absolutely did not want a copy of the BOL. That's the way you do it.

For the most part when I'm not in the van in wearing an N95 mask.

If you dont want to have to go to the post office, try stamps.com and you can print out the postage directly on the envelopes and you can print out labels for packages too. It is typically $15 a month but if you call to cancel after the free period, they will offer you a $5 a month plan to keep you. My wife has been sewing home made masks like crazy and I have been sending them out, spent like $30 in postage the last 2 weeks, and I think there will be more in the next couple of weeks.