WiFi at Truckstop.Net

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
For those of you who use Truckstop.net for your internet connections,There is bad news.TSN has suied SPRINT for 75 Million for installing such a crappy system.Sprint imeadiatly responded by cutting off service to most locations.Some truckstops have been able to re-connect by bypassing SPRINT. http://truckstop.net/pr/press_release_final_11-30-04.pdf

TSN is offering a refund for customers having more than 50% left on their subscription.

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
What a shame about the people that paid and don't get back a pro rated amount based on usage. It's funny how they go after the Trucking Market and then hose the people supporting there newest widget. I hope all that have paid for this service call and complain if they don't recieve there money back! Stand up and be heard.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
This is big news indeed. Does anyone remember PNV?

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Of course we wont know for sometime exactly whose fault this was.(maybe never)Its funny how I never hear much positive about Sprint.My cell phone contract is up with Verizon.I had breifly considered going with Sprint for the earlier nightime minutes.Now they can just forget it.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Redytrk, I have absolutely no probs with Sprint phone service. Not to mention that I've heard from many ppl (and experienced it) that they have the best range out there. I can't say alot about FlyingJ's wifi either. I'm thinking of going with sprint for their wifi and be done with looking for a truckstop.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We currently just went with T-Mobile on a wireless aircard. $30.00 a month. Worked great at the house in FL and tried it is SC and worked well there. I will write another post at a later date once I see how it performs in other areas, and going down the road ect.
Davekc

Future X Movers

Expert Expediter
Is the wireless aircard based on minutes used or amount of data downloaded? We will be interested to hear how it works out for you. Thanks!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Please do keep us updated on the T-Mobile aircard. I have the Cingular card and in my most generous appraisal could only call it marginally good. I am thinking of dropping it and getting the T-Mobile card for the $50 monthly savings. I am really unhappy about the truckstop.net problem as I have both that and flying j to increase the number of locations. Maybe flying J will take over all the previous truckstop.net locations.

Leo
truck 767

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>am really unhappy about the truckstop.net problem as I have
>both that and flying j to increase the number of locations.
>Maybe flying J will take over all the previous truckstop.net
>locations.

TS.N has posted a list of locations that are up and running.Mostly it is the LOVE!S , a few Petro's and Pilots.
These locations are paying SPRINT directly.
http://www.truckstop.net/

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>We currently just went with T-Mobile on a wireless aircard.
>$30.00 a month. Worked great at the house in FL and tried it
>is SC and worked well there. I will write another post at a
>later date once I see how it performs in other areas, and
>going down the road ect.
Dave,

How is this card working? I am looking at getting a card now from Sprint. $80 per month unlimited. Have heard Verizon has card to but they use "hot spots"? Anyone know about this card?

I am sick of dealing with trucknet and flying J connections...it stinks too because I paid for both of them for a year...<sob>
Neither of the above connection have proven to be a any good to me.

BTW, I have used the ethernet connection with Idle Air and that works great and it only costs $3.00. This is the only connection charge which includes unlimited use for as long as you are at that particular Idle Air location.

mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
yeah they are still off and only get a recording if you call customer service...we are having good service at fly j and just figured out we can use idleaires network for 3.00/24hrs when at one of the ts that they are at. on that right now...excellent speed....frank