Why'd July to dispatch ??

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
On my to OKC from Deadwood SD. Be there tomorrow hope they unload me a day early.
Deadwood has become kind of a tourist trap town, but it's still very kewl. Bill Hickok's grave site is worth a visit. He's buried right next to Calamity Jane Canary. It's at Mount Moriah Cemetery. Sheriff Seth Bullock's grave is at the top of the hill. Awesome view of downtown Deadwood from the flagpole. Just tons of history there. Several times a day they have gunfights on Main St. It's just like Chicago, except they use blanks in Deadwood.

Mount Moriah Cemetery is free to enter and tour.

So is nearby Mount Rushmore (unless you want to park in the spiffy parking lot). You can drive on up past the park, up the hill and around the corner, and get an awesome profile view of Washington.

Reactions: Tim Xpedites

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Had a pretty good load yesterday, Independence, KY to Savannah, GA but when I got to pickup at 3pm they said it wouldn't be ready until this morning. Instead of paying me to layover, they did a dry run which made me think they would try to rebook it with someone cheaper. Well it's 45 mins past when it would have been ready and nope I didn't get a call.
So far for the week I have one shorty and a dry run...not very good but it is July.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Deadwood has become kind of a tourist trap town, but it's still very kewl. Bill Hickok's grave site is worth a visit. He's buried right next to Calamity Jane Canary. It's at Mount Moriah Cemetery. Sheriff Seth Bullock's grave is at the top of the hill. Awesome view of downtown Deadwood from the flagpole. Just tons of history there. Several times a day they have gunfights on Main St. It's just like Chicago, except they use blanks in Deadwood.

Mount Moriah Cemetery is free to enter and tour.

So is nearby Mount Rushmore (unless you want to park in the spiffy parking lot). You can drive on up past the park, up the hill and around the corner, and get an awesome profile view of Washington.
love the Park service...National Monuments are free.....its the parking they grab ya for....LOL

Reactions: Mailer and ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like I am here for the week....could be a lot worse places to be stuck..Eugene is a very nice town..relaxed you could say...predominately white and middle to upper class...MB does a very brisk business...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like I am here for the week....could be a lot worse places to be stuck..Eugene is a very nice town..relaxed you could say...predominately white and middle to upper class...MB does a very brisk business...
Bummer! We'll switch next week. I'll head west toward home and ya c'mon back east.

Loaded in Dayton heading to Memphis.