Why soo slow????

bolter82

Expert Expediter
I took two weeks off from expediting two days after Christmas. The plan was to go with a different company (active aero) but they keep pushing the orientation...something about my owner didn't sign everything they need...just a bunch a bs (they go thru a third party). After they pushed my orientation back to the 20th, I decided to go back into service with XPOExpress (this place sucks!). Sat one day, then they call me with a load picking up 19 miles from me, going to Fort Worth, Texas (my favorite state!). I accepted. I drove all night, stopped for an hour of sleep. I delivered that morning, slept just about all day (I was up since about 8am the previous day hoping for a run). They called me while I was sleeping for a load that didn't pick up till the 16th (it was the 14th). Anyways, they paid me $170 to deadhead back upto Memphis, TN...which I did Thursday night. Friday, I was sitting in eastern Memphis. I then proceeded to move toward Nashville because dispatch said that was a good place for cargo vans...(forgot to say I drive an extended sprinter). I sat in Dickson, TN for two days....no calls. Lastnight just as I was going to head to my bosses town, they finally call. Was this the call I had been waiting for? No. It was another empty move. So now I am sitting in Louisville. Day is almost over and still no phone calls....

Wondering how many other expediters are sitting....

tknight

Veteran Expediter
It's not that it's slow I bid on stuff all day long so far today I've bid on 9 loads and no call backs my pimps tell me that they are trying real hard to force prices down and citing lower fuel costs as one of the reasons. Really now you want to drop my rate by .50 a mile when all I'm really saving on fuel is .08 per mile do the math dummy's ! Fuel taxs are up tolls are skyrocketing
Really 8.00 to cross a bridge that used to be 4.00 it's going up everywhere on everything
God help us if and when fuel goes back up
I need to check the oddsmakers in Vegas and put a bet in! I'm pretty sure tonight's state of stupidity speech isn't going to sit well!

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
I have a team running my 2011 Chevy 3500 extended van, and they did real good 2 weeks before x mad. 4075 pd miles and 2900 ps miles. They live in Indianapolis and have had only 2 runs totaling 1300 miles since. They were within 80 miles of Indy so have been sitting home since. I know it's slow but wtf. Thought about getting new Transit but now maybe straight truck would be way to go or give up.

bolter82

Expert Expediter
I am giving up. Been in expedite for little over five years...time to find me a job on the ground. Been away from family and friends too long.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's January, although it varies some in general it's just a slower time of year not anything new.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's January, although it varies some in general it's just a slower time of year not anything new.

I guess it depends on the type of truck. Jan and Feb were always two of the busiest months of the year, for our truck.

bolter82

Expert Expediter
It might be slow, but it shouldn't be dead. XPO will bid on anything they think they can get...and they haven't got anything.

dstites24

Rookie Expediter
I took two weeks off from expediting two days after Christmas. The plan was to go with a different company (active aero) but they keep pushing the orientation...something about my owner didn't sign everything they need...just a bunch a bs (they go thru a third party). After they pushed my orientation back to the 20th, I decided to go back into service with XPOExpress (this place sucks!). Sat one day, then they call me with a load picking up 19 miles from me, going to Fort Worth, Texas (my favorite state!). I accepted. I drove all night, stopped for an hour of sleep. I delivered that morning, slept just about all day (I was up since about 8am the previous day hoping for a run). They called me while I was sleeping for a load that didn't pick up till the 16th (it was the 14th). Anyways, they paid me $170 to deadhead back upto Memphis, TN...which I did Thursday night. Friday, I was sitting in eastern Memphis. I then proceeded to move toward Nashville because dispatch said that was a good place for cargo vans...(forgot to say I drive an extended sprinter). I sat in Dickson, TN for two days....no calls. Lastnight just as I was going to head to my bosses town, they finally call. Was this the call I had been waiting for? No. It was another empty move. So now I am sitting in Louisville. Day is almost over and still no phone calls....

Wondering how many other expediters are sitting....

As you stated before we have been waiting on your owner to return paperwork. We cant put vehicles on without your owner signing the required documents. If you have any further questions you can call me direct at 734-547-8785 and i will be more than glad to you answer them.

bolter82

Expert Expediter
My owner says he sent in everything yall asked for. Laura said they still needed something signed, but she didn't know what it was called...Power of .....something. I am not worried about it. I don't plan on sticking around and would rather not waste anyones time.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The volume of freight is basically the same. What is different is we don't have the real cold and bad weather of last year. So I would say there are more trucks out there this year.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Conversation with a broker this morning about rates and how what we really need is a huge storm to disrupt half the country lol.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Well so much for my Jan thaw...snow and cold back tonight...I'll do my best to hurry it on across the country for you all cuz I sure don't want it!!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
The volume of freight is basically the same. What is different is we don't have the real cold and bad weather of last year. So I would say there are more trucks out there this year.

Something like 16,000+ trucks posted on Sylectus, the last time I noticed. ;)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
16,490 right now.
Everyone honk and wave at the same time and you may just tilt the earth!!!

resized_stoner-dog-meme-generator-what-if-the-whole-world-farted-at-the-same-time-fa8965.jpg

bolter82

Expert Expediter
As you stated before we have been waiting on your owner to return paperwork. We cant put vehicles on without your owner signing the required documents. If you have any further questions you can call me direct at 734-547-8785 and i will be more than glad to you answer them.

Hope you don't think I was talking crap about your company. Like I said, I don't want to waste yalls time, I'm quitting soon so no point in me coming over.