Why is panther recruiting

mars420

Active Expediter
O/O team drivers are sitting for days waiting for loads. No matter where we go there are 2 or 3 times the amount of trucks vs. loads within a 300 mile radius 3 days on the Atlanta board & the only load they could get for a team was 180 miles & we're sitting again in Nashvlille we haven't had a team run in a long time. It is our third day sitting now at the Panther Intra-state Logistic Operations Terminal (PILOT) in Nashville!Panther has too many trucks & not enough loads so why are they still recruiting? :(

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Most likely so they can replace you and other drivers that complain after sitting for only 3 days.

mars420

Active Expediter
If you read the whole message you would see that it was 6 days in 1 week & this was my first complaint after 5 months 99% in service with very little amount of loads

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greetings Mars. I see you are new to E.O. and new to Panther, are you also new to expediting? Sitting and waiting for a load is a common complaint of new expediters. Have you asked dispatch for a paid empty move? Are there other Panther straights at the Nashville Pilot? If so, have you considered moving up the line to Franklin? That could put you in a better position for a load Monday. You want to distance yourself from other Panther trucks to increase your chances for a load.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Hey Mars I read the note twice before i posted and i just reread twice again. Don't see 6 days mentioned anywhere. Except where you replied to mine.

In expediting you will sit. With teams you will not always get team loads in expediting. When you get a load offer quickly do a macro 8 (especially on the short runs) to see what the surrounding boards are doing. Then call them (if they don't call you first) and ask what board it's on (hopefully) they can figure that out and what that board is doing.

Make sure you also keep an eye on your numbers - your in service %, acceptance %, on-time % those will kill you. You can also look for backhauls you know.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hard to tell with this one. Doesn't say what he is driving. If for example he was in Atlanta with a straight on Friday and DH'ed to Nashville, that was a mistake. We unloaded late Friday and got a load to El Paso for the weekend. Only one solo there that was out of hours.