Why does panther put you on a pro before you even accept?!

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
For a long time I failed to see why the transportation industry (trucking, in particular) so coveted former "Military Career" people (more commonly known as "lifers" to those of us who served our mandatory tours and got the heck out of the structured lifestyle).

It makes sense. They probably love forced dispatch, as there are absolutely no decisions to be made - much like the 20 to 30 years they "served", always depending on The Chain of Command to get them through another day.

Maybe they weren't exactly slaves, but they sure weren't far from it!

sthfl2000

Active Expediter
For a long time I failed to see why the transportation industry (trucking, in particular) so coveted former "Military Career" people (more commonly known as "lifers" to those of us who served our mandatory tours and got the heck out of the structured lifestyle).

It makes sense. They probably love forced dispatch, as there are absolutely no decisions to be made - much like the 20 to 30 years they "served", always depending on The Chain of Command to get them through another day.

Wow...is that what u think about people risking their lives so u can play in peace...just yet another example of a society gone bad...sad

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Wow...is that what u think about people risking their lives so u can play in peace...just yet another example of a society gone bad...sad

Play in peace?? I'm a veteran of a foreign war and am living with a disibility as a consequence. What's your credential(s)?

Don't fool yourself...the vast majority of enlistees over the last decade or so either have no marketable skills, are looking forward to educational benefits when they "get out", or are anticipating that fat pension they're eligible for as early as age 37 or 38 and are able able to collect for 50 years or so. It sure wasn't because of altruistic motives! Meanwhile, who gets stuck with the bill? That, my friend, is more representative of "a society gone bad".

As in all wars, a very small percentage are "risking their lives" at any given time. Yet the rest are able to reap all the generous guv'mint benefits.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter

Biting my tongue.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Play in peace?? I'm a veteran of a foreign war and am living with a disibility as a consequence. What's your credential(s)?

Don't fool yourself...the vast majority of enlistees over the last decade or so either have no marketable skills, are looking forward to educational benefits when they "get out", or are anticipating that fat pension they're eligible for as early as age 37 or 38 and are able able to collect for 50 years or so. It sure wasn't because of altruistic motives! Meanwhile, who gets stuck with the bill? That, my friend, is more representative of "a society gone bad".

As in all wars, a very small percentage are "risking their lives" at any given time. Yet the rest are able to reap all the generous guv'mint benefits.
Really biting hard, but I think you may be wrong in your statements. ​Is that blood I taste?

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Biting my tongue.

Why? Does it land too close to home??

Twenty or thirty years of being told what to wear, where to live, what to do, and where to do it doesn't really allow for a lot of self-initiative or decision-making, does it?

Uncle Sam does every bit of those for you gung-ho soldiers.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
To compare that to slaverly is not even in the realm of sensible.

Hells bells, everyone. Don't EVER compare politics to football, crap to roses, or forced FORCED dispatch to forced FORCED work. In fact, don't ever compare anything to anything, or anyone to anyone. Comparing things make you look like a dork to Xiggi, who doesn't have to compare at all. And above all, NEVER use slavery as an analogy... EVER!

I compare you to the guy in the corner with the pointy hat, Xiggi.

Last edited:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Why? Does it land too close to home??

Twenty or thirty years of being told what to wear, where to live, what to do, and where to do it doesn't really allow for a lot of self-initiative or decision-making, does it?

Uncle Sam does every bit of those for you gung-ho soldiers.
No you're not anywhere near home. Just seems that you are awfully combative in most of your posts. For someone who has done it all, and do it better than most I just wonder why you keep coming off like a (insert a word or phrase)

sthfl2000

Active Expediter

U have some balls my fellow vet. As a matter of fact, your post doesn't warrant a response from anyone and i'm sorry i justified your initial comment with one to begin with. God Bless you fellow Vet and i hope you find peace in your life.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hells bells, everyone. Don't EVER compare politics to football, crap to roses, or forced FORCED dispatch to forced FORCED work. In fact, don't ever compare anything to anything, or anyone to anyone. Comparing things make you look like a dork to Xiggi, who doesn't have to compare at all. And above all, NEVER use slavery as an analogy... EVER!

I compare you to the guy in the corner with the pointy hat, Xiggi.

That's funny stuff right there. Making accurate comparisons is one thing yours not so much IMHO.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Xig is right. Think for a second about how slaves were actually treated: like livestock. Imagine having no freedom whatsoever, having to count on your master or overseer for FOOD or WATER. And being able to go to town for a spot of tea? Riiiight....

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
No you're not anywhere near home. Just seems that you are awfully combative in most of your posts. For someone who has done it all, and do it better than most I just wonder why you keep coming off like a (insert a word or phrase)

Combative?? Not hardly. I simply seek the truth.

In this case I was simply pointing out the trucking industry covets and recruits veterans because the veterans (especially lifers) are so used to being told what to do 24/7 they would seldom question a 'direct order'...such as taking a load offer in a forced-dispatch environment.

Nothing more than an analogy, jimmyjam.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
U have some balls my fellow vet. As a matter of fact, your post doesn't warrant a response from anyone and i'm sorry i justified your initial comment with one to begin with. God Bless you fellow Vet and i hope you find peace in your life.

I suspect most guys that have served a tour return with more balls than when they shipped out...or possibly with none at all, if they were exposed to many land mines. And if I DO have more, then why should I be reluctant to share my views?

You can be sorry all you want and resent my views, but I would bet good money the vast majority of Americans want their own sons and daughters to have nothing to do with active military duty...especially when the U.S. is trying to be the watchdog around the world for questionable causes. Few things would be more disconcerting than having your boy come home in a box.

Enough politics, let's get back to the issues of forced dispatch, 2000.

Btw, despite not believing on god, I have nevertheless found lots of peace in my life. I wish the same for you!

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking of forced dispatch, I endured it during my years on the ambulance. I worked for the transport squads, as opposed to the 911 side, so I had my share of Two Ton Tillies, those folks who weigh 500 lbs, live on the second floor, are too big to properly bathe and who have to go to dialysis every other day. Talk about backbreaking work, literally...

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Combative??
Yep, pretty sure, try reviewing your posts.
Not hardly.
The evidence says otherwise.
I simply seek the truth.
No, you make statements that you think are undeniable, but are nothing more than your opinion.

In this case I was simply pointing out the trucking industry covets and recruits veterans because the veterans (especially lifers) are so used to being told what to do 24/7 they would seldom question a 'direct order'...such as taking a load offer in a forced-dispatch environment.
It surly couldn't have anything to do with the fact that an honorably discharged veteran has shown that he understands that if he takes a job with clearly defined rules and expectations, that he will get the job done without complaining. It surly wouldn't have anything to do with the GI Bill where vulture CDL schools preying on less than knowledgeable Vets.

Kinda like when the Military got a hold of a draftee, they knew for the most part they would be dealing with whiny losers at least half the time.
Nothing more than an analogy, jimmyjam.
Not a very good one.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Yep, pretty sure, try reviewing your posts. The evidence says otherwise. No, you make statements that you think are undeniable, but are nothing more than your opinion.

It surly couldn't have anything to do with the fact that an honorably discharged veteran has shown that he understands that if he takes a job with clearly defined rules and expectations, that he will get the job done without complaining. It surly wouldn't have anything to do with the GI Bill where vulture CDL schools preying on less than knowledgeable Vets.

Kinda like when the Military got a hold of a draftee, they knew for the most part they would be dealing with whiny losers at least half the time.
Not a very good one.

I'm barely confrontational, let alone combative, jimmyjam. Sure, I state my opinions; and if I feel they are correct, why shouldn't they be "undeniable". Should I say "maybe I believe such and such?".

I'm sure your view of the military and how wonderful it is must also be undeniable...at least in your mind. Thankfully, we agree in principle: Vets will easily adapt to "a job with clearly defined rules and expectdations".

That's exactly why they should thrive in a forced-dispatch environment...no need to think or wonder if there could be something more challenging and, possibly, provide greater financial returns...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have plenty of owner op vets on here that seem to do well with non forced dispatch.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
It surly wouldn't have anything to do with the GI Bill where vulture CDL schools preying on less than knowledgeable Vets.

Not a very good one.

Speaking of lousy analogies, jimmyjam, please explain what "vulture CDL schools" have to do with "whiny draftee losers". I fail to see the relevance of one to the other.

Did you somehow get taken advantage of?