Why do we train them?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We train them for many reasons. One is they fly US military aircraft, so it's important they know the planes as intimately as possible. We also train their mechanics. In addition, during training exercises and in battle, it's important for our allies to have the same set of expectations, principles and procedures. We've been training foreign pilots at Pensacola for decades.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The question should be .... why don't we vet them better?
What happened to the "extreme vetting" Trump spoke of during the presidential campaign?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why do we train them?

Them who? We all know who "Them" is.
Yes. Foreign allies. Non-Americans. And within that group, those who might want to do is harm. Them who are mostly likely to be a Trojan Horse terrorist. It's a good question. Why don't we vet them better is an equally good question.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes. Foreign allies. Non-Americans. He within that group, those who might want to do is harm. Them who are mostly likely to be a Trojan Horse terrorist. It's a good question. Why don't we vet them better is an equally good question.
Yes it is.

However,
Lets stop using euphemisms like "them", and refer to the people we are talking about.
Muslims...... There i said it. Now we can be honest.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We also trained the pilots who hijacked the airliners used in the 9-11 attacks. Pilots? Um, Muslims. There I said it. Now we can be honest.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We also trained the pilots who hijacked the airliners used in the 9-11 attacks. Pilots? Um, Muslims. There I said it. Now we can be honest.
I have no problem of why the training, just questioning hiding who we are talking about. Lets be honest.

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I'll be picky first, then agree. By "them", I hope we mean just radical anti-American Muslims, since many are not. To find the bad apples, I agree that we should vet much better. Is it just me, or does anyone else think we should vet the whole leadership of Saudi Arabia. Seems as though they aren't always the best friend we need over there.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Personally, and this is just me, my own opinion, but it's easier to say, not to mention, type, "them", than it is to say, not to mention, type, "Anti-American radical Islamic jihadist terrorists."

I hesitate to use simply "Muslim" to describe "them" because, well, that's a pretty damn broad brush right there.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the shoe fits, they gotta wear it.
Is getting touchy feely about how they are addressed more important than the people that are killed?

Here's a liberals point of view ...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If I called them what I want to call them I most likely would be banned for life,,,so" Muslim
Anti-American radical Islamic jihadist terrorists."

• Haha