WHY DO EXPEDITORS LIE !!!!!!!!!!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
While in Expediting:

I always Averaged $10,000.00 per week. So only worked when I wanted to and where I wanted to.

My Runs were always long, very long and I insisted on averaging only 25 mph as to take in all the views, historical markers, sports games, along the way. (I could make up the time later).

Parking spaces with Free Truck Wash where ever I went.

First to be Serviced at any Dealer of my choice, and only paid an hourly rate for Mechanics of $35.00

Everything that I could invest my earnings in, well you all should know I always double my $ in less than a Year.

Life is good, real good.

Now back to reality.

PS I did to well, but like dreaming of winning the Lotto, I like to dream of the above instead. Take care

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Broom,

You said you "did well" as an expediter. When you explained to the EO community your reeasons for getting out of expediting and into a big rig on a dedicated run, did you not say you were doing so because you were not making enough money as an expediter?

I do not mean any disrespect and have no ill intent toward you. But readers, espcially newbies, should know what "did well" means if money was not part of it, don't you think? Would you be kind enough to reconclie "did well" with "not enough money?"

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's an easy one. You can do well as an expediter, as well as any expediter can do, but it might still not be enough money to meet your financial obligations.

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Phil,
I am not going to say much here but I would think that you need to re-read the post.

It was not about how well he did but how he could say how well he did to illustrate the point. Even though his doing well is not the same as yours, saying 'doing well' is as relative as saying 'I'm successful', it is the person who defines these words.

AND if you know of the Walter Mitty syndrome, either having read the book or watched the movie, he closed with waking up to reality. '

Maybe some need to wake up to reality!

David,

That is one of the things I am talking about, the other has to do with Crowd Psychology.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Phil,

Did well?

As Greg said re-read: IT IS A JOKE, do you no longer or have or ever had a SENSE OF HUMOR?

It is a joke Phil, you can laugh at yourself now if you can remember how to.

I did well enough to pay for my truck and trailer, I have no bills that are behind. All my vehicles and toys are paid for.

So to answer your direct question LIFE IS GOOD, now if I may bragg even a little more LIFE IS GREAT!!!!! (just not as good as my dream that I posted on, thats really just a joke.)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Broom,

As I said, I intend you no ill will. I will apologize to you here for misunderstanding the intent of your post. Sorry I missed your point.

As has been recently demonstrated by other posts on the Open Forum, humor is sometimes seen where it is not and not seen where it is.

bamapeople2006

Expert Expediter
Liars slither in all trades and vocations. Expediting is no different. These are people who truly have a huge void in their life, so they feel it is necessary to bore you with all these fairy tales of theirs. I usually just let em babble 'bout it for a bit then politely part ways with them. Yes I do find it hard to stomach the b/s, but that sentiment is usually overrun with pity for the poor fibbing soul. Thankfully, I'm not wired that way. If you approach me and ask how goes it with my carrier. I will give you honesty, no bull, I won't allow it, hehehehe.:7

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
The difference between a Fairy tale and a Trucker story......

A Fairy tale begins..."Once upon a time...

A Trucker story begins..."No Sh#! this really happened...

poison

Seasoned Expediter
why do expeditors lie!!? hmmmm.
let me see... first you drive a truck that automatically makes it ok to tell a lie because everyone knows that if it came from a truck driver and his/her lips are moving then whatever you say they assume it's going to be a lie our one heck of an exaggerated story.by the way you ain't gonna believe this s**t if it starts that way then you can think to yourself HERE IT COMES LET ME PUT MY BOOTS ON.I myself can see bulls**t
from a blimp in the fog when it comes from a driver.

If a man speaks on the beach where no woman can hear is he still wrong?

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
I didnt read all the post on here but here is why i think expeditors lie.

We lie to ourselves to make us belive that we can make alot of money out here and justify why we stay out for along time away from friends and family and miss out on the things we enjoy and do. Atleast i know i do.

Teflon

Seasoned Expediter
After reading about bad carriers and bad economy and bad drivers and bad owners, and bad liers, I think I will set myself on fire and jump off a cliff.....and that is no lie