Why Babylon search and how do I get rid of it?

timmycurl

Active Expediter
When the gov't tested everyones computer a while back mine came back on showing Babylon for the search engine instead of Google. How did this happen and how can I get rid of it? I don't even like the name of it!

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
You need to use a Program called SPYBOT or Malware Bytes to disable and get rid of BABYLON its a search engine thats installed itself on your computer when you visited some Internet site...you can also go to START Click on CONTROL PANEL, Go to PROGRAMS...when the list populates you then find BABYLON and click on it, then select REMOVE OR UNINSTALL, After youve done this you may need to go and reset your HOMEPAGE and LOCK it so it cant be changed....

Te redet your homepage you go to START and click on CONTROL PANEL then find INTERNET OPTIONS on the page and double click, a Box will be there asking you to enter your homebage, If anything is there except http://google.com....ERASE IT and type that in....you can get directions how to do this also by opening the help and support section after clicking START...

And type rest homepage...

I highly recommend you use Malware Bytes and SPYBOT to keep these things out of your computer and clean the CRAP and malware out...

Just google Spybot and MALWARE BYTES

Dont use Babylon its a redirected search and is a bad piece of malware, get it off and out as soon as you can...If you need help e mail me...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would highly recommend getting aware bytes and running it monthly. Download the free version then go to the update tab and make sure you have the newest version. Update each time before future scans the update is fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

B

BabylonLTD

Edited by Lawrence to remove links to malicious sites.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Interesting how Babylon showed up .. apparently THEIR search engine looks for any reference to them!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Kinda scary isn't it! Somehow I got the Babylon tool bar on my desk top pc. I think a downloaded a program and didn't pay close attention to several terms that I clicked "agree" to. My fault. I don't care for the Babylon tool bar and hate the Babylon search function. I would like to publicly state that Babylon sucks, but I am afraid they could make my on-line life a real nightmare.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Babylon is so interested in assisting folks then why is it so difficult to entirely remove it from your home page, this is a MALWARE...it attaches and then redirects WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION...now if they really want to help people they would scan the Net and remove the AUTORUN features and INSTALLERS....They Install a cookie that keeps track of where and what, and unless you know how to SCOUR the computer it will still remain on your computer...

Go to Gizmos freeware and look for the SECURITY links and how to remover BABYLON...

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
If anyone has this BABYLON issue and needs help send me an instant message and Ill gladly call and help you remove and repaur your computer, its a hobby but I know how frustrating redirected searches can be...