who is a good company to work for?

newsara35

Expert Expediter
We signed on with a company telling us low pay would be 1.25 per mile and right away first check we were getting .85 per mile. Whats up with this? Four hours worth of driving for 100.00? Is this right? Is running local a waste of time?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It depends on what your contract says. If they are in violation, take them to court. Just as you would any other business.
Davekc
owner
20 years

newsara35

Expert Expediter
Is fed ex, Panther, and express 1 all top choices we may be moving on soon. I will check the contract. ty

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
In the recent past, some carriers would quote a price to the driver and the driver had to figure out his share. It Looks like you might have this situation where you got 68% of $1.25. Could this be the case? Do you have a written lease agreement with the carrier? If so, how are you to be compensated. What carrier do you lease to? Perhaps some other members can help undo your dilemma.

Terry

newsara35

Expert Expediter
We heard alot of recruiters dont tell the truth or they tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to sign. Who is reliable?

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I notice that their ad on this site indicates they pay vans in the range of $.90 - $1.30. I'd imagine the recruiter told you same as the ad. $.85 seems to have fallen short, especially if they had any fuel surcharge in their payment to you. Try the compaies you mentioned. They each receive more favorable than negative comments on this forum. I haven't heard much about On-Time.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
This is my opinion only. Recruiters do just that. I have never put too much weight in what they tell you about miles ran loaded and deadhead. I am a firm believer you need to get the story from current and past drivers. Be sure to understand why the former drivers are former drivers so that you know what to do with the information they give you. If take all that info and what the recruiter tells you you may have about 70% of the real story.

My own experience has shown me that the only almost perfect story has been told to me by recruiters about team trucks. Solo trucks have never done what they are said to do. That is my experience. Be sure to talk to as many folks as you can and then take all that info to make your decision about a move.

Raceman
Owner Two Straight Truck.
Part time driver of one of my trucks and local TT.
15mon.OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
OTR Straight Truck Plt to Plt off and on 5 years.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1