Who has pets with them

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I got a chihahua and winer dog mix from my local SPCA about 2 months ago. He loves to ride..gets me out walking.... Anybody ever run into problems w/ having a dog in the truck??

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
There are shipper/receivers that do not allow pets on their property. If you are a team, a co-driver can wait outside with the pet. That's what we do.
I have seen drivers with pets leave the pet tied up or in a crate outside the gate, but I could never do that.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I spent 11 hrs at Cummins today, and while I understood why dinner was delayed [if the mechanics were racing a glacier, my money would be on the ice] the dog did not.
As a wise man pointed out, dogs are high maintenance - but worth it, IMO. :)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
JUJU is riding around with her pet this time out.......At least he has long pants on!!bahahaha

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Cheri brings up a great point. Some things are more difficult to do when you have a pet. In addition, we idle (use the generator) now for the comfort of our pet when we are out of the truck, where we might not have had to before.

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Is having a girlfriend in the van considered having a pet with you?

Howdy

Ahhhh I hope she doesn't come on here and see that post. You might not have anything to worry about if she sees it.

Kevin

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
All well and good until you lay down in the middle of the road and start digging for fleas!

LOL...Diva, JuJu was really hoping that you didn't see that :eek:

Sorry, OVM...between the shorts and fleas...I can only say...poor JuJu (ya know I luv ya, you sat on my lift gate right?):D