WHO DO YOU LOVE?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The book on Hondas say oil every 50 hours, how's the extended changes going for you? I run synthetic so extend a bit but afraid to go that far. With such a small amount of oil it don't take long to break down.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The book on Hondas say oil every 50 hours, how's the extended changes going for you? I run synthetic so extend a bit but afraid to go that far. With such a small amount of oil it don't take long to break down.
My Honda 2000 Companion Manual says every 100 hrs....knock on wood, no probs.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Penguin Dometic Roof Top Air Conditioner 13,000BTU
2 Honda 2000 Generators (Companion) =4K Watts (Oil Chg. every 100 hrs.)
Espar Bunk Heater D2 Airtonic is exhausted and sips off my Diesel/20hrs.=1 Gallon
2 Auxillary Deep Cell Batteries and 2000 Inverter (Replace Main Battery every 3 yrs.)
...Used to drive Truck and since you can't idle these Turbo Diesels due to the DEF/DPF
I knew I'd need to be sleeping during the day when temps were in the 90's.
As well, even though I did my darnedest to insulate my ceiling and walls, when it's zero degrees out with a wind chill pushing you around....well being comfortable, safe and rested matters when you gotta drive past midnight.

WHY 2 Honda 2000 - Overkill?? If it's that dicey wouldn't the 3000 cover all bases?

XIGGY swears by his Coleman - anyone have an opinion or experience with another brand rooftop like VANDRIVER2

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had an old Coleman Mach many moons ago.. Heat and A/C couldn't warm it up much but kept you from freezing lol just ordered a Coleman HP2 heat pump unit ... To run ALONG with an espar ! YYMV

Sent from my flying circus

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never said that about Coleman it's just what I happen to own. I think dometic might be the biggest seller.

Personally I would go with a 3000 honda before a double two. Oil changes easier, bigger fuel tank and enough power. I know someone switching from the double to single right now.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
New "NEWBIE" Question: When I am done up-fitting my van, I take it to a scale and weigh it. If it weighs 6500# and my GVW is 9500#, I assume that means I can accept 3000# loads if needed. I turn that in to my carrier and I'm off, correct? How often do you or your carrier review the weight after that??

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
New "NEWBIE" Question: When I am done up-fitting my van, I take it to a scale and weigh it. If it weighs 6500# and my GVW is 9500#, I assume that means I can accept 3000# loads if needed. I turn that in to my carrier and I'm off, correct? How often do you or your carrier review the weight after that??
Sounds about right, as for review the weight down the road... Never had anyone check it again.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Another New "Newbie" Question: Just curious, where are some of y'all right now (not exact location) and are you parked for the weekend or still moving? Wondering what weekends are like IN GENERAL?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, IN GENERAL, you'll sit most weekends in a cargo van. There are places where it's a little more likely, like Chicago, but for the most part you can count on not having a load over the weekend.

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
WHY 2 Honda 2000 - Overkill?? If it's that dicey wouldn't the 3000 cover all bases?

XIGGY swears by his Coleman - anyone have an opinion or experience with another brand rooftop like VANDRIVER2
Need 3700 Watts, so as it cycles it doesn't struggle. Rather have more than I need than not enough.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another New "Newbie" Question: Just curious, where are some of y'all right now (not exact location) and are you parked for the weekend or still moving? Wondering what weekends are like IN GENERAL?
Used to come home every other weekend...now home every weekend. It's an individual choice...can depend and fluctuates depending on what's going on in my world. All about Balance, Budgeting, Knowing all of your Personal and Trucking Expenses. If something is off-kilter, chances are eventually a failure can occur.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Home....Out of Service, some minor, necessary Maintenance needed. Weekend Home time is like a reward. Appreciate the Comforts as much as I appreciate the Work.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep, that's what I had to do, Scale it, Prove it and Never Requested again.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had an old Coleman Mach many moons ago.. Heat and A/C couldn't warm it up much but kept you from freezing lol just ordered a Coleman HP2 heat pump unit ... To run ALONG with an espar ! YYMV

Sent from my flying circus
Yep, Love my Espar too...and had 30amp Shore Power/ Circuit Breaker added back in 2011

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IN GENERAL, depending on where you're at....can be slower than weekdays...again, that can vary greatly.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm most likely at home. I can't miss my classic movie saturday.

:playful: