Whirlpool closing Evansville Plant.....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I think someone mentioned how good whirlpool was doing and working people overtime when the post on "cash for Appliances' was posted....guess the people at Whirlpools Evansville Ind. plant don't count in the good times huh....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/whi...ure-2009-08-28

Whirlpool to cut 1,100 jobs in plant closure

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Whirlpool Corp. /quotes/comstock/13*!whr/quotes/nls/whr (WHR 64.79, +0.25, +0.39%) said Friday it is closing a plant in Evansville, Ind., which will result in the elimination of 1,100 jobs, or less than 2% of its workforce. The company plans to close the plant in mid-2010. Whirlpool said it will transfer the manufacture of top-freezer refrigerators to a plant in Mexico, while the manufacture of ice makers will be shifted to a facility to be determined. Whirlpool has about 73,000 employees. Shares of Whirlpool rose 1.6% to $65.56 in recent trading.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
yeap just an adjustment for the company..heck their stock even went up....tell those 1100 people who will be out of a job what a great deal it is that the company is doing just great. Bet they are happy as can be that they are out of work, but the company is sending their jobs to mexico so the company can continue to be profitable.....

Maybe, just maybe if the barry reduced taxes on businesses since we have the almost the highest corporate business tax in the world, those jobs could stay here and te company could still make a profit that they are going to make because of this move....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nah this is my fault, I have no need to buy a washer.

Mine has served the family well since 1948, Maytag model J2L. It has been serviced twice, rebuild the motor once and to replace a fuse. I have the dryer that also goes along with it, matching color and all, which been serviced four times since new - replacing the cord between the posts.

It is amazing the quality of wash I get out of these two appliances. They have a great power saving cycle, and the water saver feature is the best anyone can have - even those custom made ultra deluxe super fancy washers don't have the features that save that much enegy or water - very green they are....

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Adjustment, adjustments
Beginning of the year they closed a MEXICO plant and the one oven plant in Oxford Ms....

Evansville has 2 plants ...

What these news articles don't tell is...that Whirlpool expanded other plants like in Tulsa and Cleveland Tn when Oxford closed and transferred or had buyout plans for most employees...

Trivia Time

Did you know?
That the Whirlpool Dishwater plant in Jackson TN that the dishwashers contents are 100% American!!:D

Discovery Channel did a special on it last year....

100% American?? I'll Be Danged, Thought that was a Long Lost Tradition!
:D

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I have friends in the Marion, Ohio plant, Clyde, and Greenville. None of them are union. The Maytag plants in Newton, Iowa shut down and merged with Marion. Other than that you might be right.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Findley Oh maybe? Or Maybe Fort Smith?

Tennessee and Oklahoma isn't and neither is Amana Iowa..

We bought a Magic Chef dishwasher...no name...figured if it were made by Whirlpool even a no name might be ok.....so far it works great!:D

It is amazing just how huge this company is and the constant fighting to stay competitive in America...

Nope, not Findlay...I've been to that Ft. Smith plant a few times. I doubt they are union. They were very helpful and courteous.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I was going to include that Ft Smith lets me unload my own if it is light....if there is any UAW left...wonder if it is hiding in Benton Harbour? *LOL* after all it IS Michigan....:rolleyes:

Everyone must be in Transit with a load? I had one that prompty cancelled going back to Minni...it is just me and you i Guess...
yeah, probably.. I bet Doug is out there someplace. He's standing at the window, in the rain watching us.

alwaysontime

Seasoned Expediter
I guess you arrogant E-1 sprinter team drivers aren't going to be pulling anymore loads out of Evansville or Mexico. Ha, ha, ha!!! How do you like them apples?

Last edited:

alwaysontime

Seasoned Expediter
...there is still one plant left in Evansville and one in Mexico where most of the electrical harnesses are made....and thats where we pull all our loads out of Mexico...so how is them apples? jerk off....

Then why are all of your sprinter teams sitting around in Laredo complaining about E1's inability to get them a load back east? Where are all of those whirlpool loads at? Why do the Bolt drivers and independent's get loads out of Laredo within 24 hours of dropping there? Hell, I was pre-loaded with a load going back to Michigan before I ever got to Laredo and i'm just a little ole solo driver!!

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Then why are all of your sprinter teams sitting around in Laredo complaining about E1's inability to get them a load back east? Where are all of those whirlpool loads at? Why do the Bolt drivers and independent's get loads out of Laredo within 24 hours of dropping there? Hell, I was pre-loaded with a load going back to Michigan before I ever got to Laredo and i'm just a little ole solo driver!!

If you were preloaded to go back to Michigan, how did you have time to talk to the E-1 Sprinter drivers about what freight they don't have??? Why would you waste your time?? I call BS.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Maybe his drop was scheduled to drop Monday a.m. and then reload Monday noon or so and got down there Saturday night or Sunday and hung around the truck stop for a day or so bs-ing with drivers before dropping monday a.m. Who know's:rolleyes:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I remember the days of buy American. I remember the Wal-mart ads that boasted the number of American made products
Now they can boast about the number of made in China products :eek:
I wish we could just choose not to do business with the businesses that choose not to manufacture products here
Unfortunately, you'd be living back in the 1800's since almost everything is made elsewhere.
It's a sad day in America
disclaimer
I drive a Hino truck and drive a Scion made my Toyota. I'm typing this post on a Toshiba while watching my 57" Toshiba
Under a Ceiling fan that is American Made!!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Alwaysontime wrote:

I guess you arrogant E-1 sprinter team pricks aren't going to be pulling anymore loads out of Evansville or Mexico. Ha, ha, ha!!! How do you like them apples?

Who the H8ll is this guy!?!? You know i have had and will continue to have my disagreements with people on this board...but i don't get into name calling and especially the use of vulgar words when addressing another driver or group of drivers...its uncalled for and there is no place for it here...

Get over yourself...the others here are just making a living as you are...if you have a problem with a certain company, take it up with the company, and leave the drivers out of it....how are those apples...

And as for Bolt dispatching every driver out of Laredo within 24 hours...what are you smoking!?!?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I didn't see your responce and you edited it before i got here.. and you had the class to apologies to the board..but the fact remains that while we often disagree, the BS in that post was way out of line.....i am not here to make friends, i have and i am sure i will continue to do so, but no matter, to use that terminalogy here in this forum to attack another comaonies drivers is out of line....even by my standards....

Thanks for stepping up and putting your apology in front of the room....and deleting your orginal name calling...and whats up with that, juju needs to bust your chops...:D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
with only a handful of posts seems someone created a name just to rile up everyone. Maybe the mods can check IP addresses
BTW OVM your comment can still be seen in the person's post when they quoted you. Guess we need a mod to fix it

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL, i come at you on a pretty regular basis and we don't have those kind of exchanges...but i will say you have started to come around in a few of your post in the last few days!! Is juju with you!?!? LOL!!:D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
LOL, i come at you on a pretty regular basis and we don't have those kind of exchanges...but i will say you have started to come around in a few of your post in the last few days!! Is juju with you!?!? LOL!!:D

It's all because he doesn't have his AC remote :rolleyes: